Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Single file is shown several times in commit dialog
Single file is shown several times in commit dialog [message #998396] Wed, 09 January 2013 22:48 Go to next message
Jan Poeschko is currently offline Jan PoeschkoFriend
When modifying and saving a version-controlled file several times, it is shown several times in the commit dialog (see attached screenshot). However, clicking on each of them reveals the same contents (the current file version) in the diff view at the top. Is this intended behavior? Can it be turned off somehow so that each file is only shown a single time?
Re: Single file is shown several times in commit dialog [message #998546 is a reply to message #998396] Thu, 10 January 2013 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
- the screenshot doesn't look like any EGit view, you probably used some other tool
- I am not aware of any code in JGit or EGit which would duplicate and comment out an added line
Re: Single file is shown several times in commit dialog [message #998834 is a reply to message #998546] Thu, 10 January 2013 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
R Shapiro is currently offline R ShapiroFriend
This looks like GitX, a fairly nice OS X front end to Git. I haven't used it much since EGit 2.0 but I never saw it behave this way when I was using it, and I can't replicate this problem right now.

In any case this has nothing with to do with EGit/JGit. The original poster should investigate the 'Git Staging' view in EGit instead of using a separate tool like GitX or SourceTree or even gitk. Staying in the Eclipse context is a major win.
Re: Single file is shown several times in commit dialog [message #998841 is a reply to message #998834] Thu, 10 January 2013 19:58 Go to previous message
Jan Poeschko is currently offline Jan PoeschkoFriend
Thanks for the hint and sorry for the misplaced report. Apparently, the git view came from Aptana Studio. I wasn't aware it would provide git support. Detached it and switched to EGit now.
Previous Topic:How to clone when git-upload-pack is at custom location on the server?
Next Topic:Can EGit be used to version control Linked Folder content
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:21:54 GMT 2024