Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » forced push automatically does force fetch?
forced push automatically does force fetch? [message #997801] Tue, 08 January 2013 19:16 Go to next message
Rob Cernich is currently offline Rob CernichFriend
Hey all,

I've been using the latest version of egit for a couple weeks now and have noticed that when I push -f, egit automatically fetches the updated remote branch. It used to be I'd have to manually fetch -f to update the remote branch after pushing.

To be honest I liked the old behavior as it gave me an extra "copy" in case something went wrong. Is there any way to get the old behavior back (e.g. preferences or something).

Thanks in advance,
Rob
Re: forced push automatically does force fetch? [message #997863 is a reply to message #997801] Tue, 08 January 2013 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Rob Cernich skrev 2013-01-08 20.16:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been using the latest version of egit for a couple weeks now and have noticed that when I push -f, egit automatically fetches the updated remote branch. It used to be
> I'd have to manually fetch -f to update the remote branch after pushing.
>
> To be honest I liked the old behavior as it gave me an extra "copy" in case something went wrong. Is there any way to get the old behavior back (e.g. preferences or
> something).

Not really, but it should update the reflog, so the previous version can be recalled from the
command line using origin/master@{1}. In Eclipse you can retrieve it through the reflog view.

-- robin
Re: forced push automatically does force fetch? [message #999287 is a reply to message #997863] Fri, 11 January 2013 18:29 Go to previous message
Rob Cernich is currently offline Rob CernichFriend
Hey Robin,

Thanks for the reply. I've never had to resort to the reflog (knock on wood). The new view is great. (I'm coming from 1.x.)

Best,
Rob
Previous Topic:Can EGit be used to version control Linked Folder content
Next Topic:GitHub Mylyn Connector 2.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:52:33 GMT 2024