Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Can I use ClipseLink to work with Object-Relational datatypes(TYPSES, VARRAY, NESTED TABLES..)(Oracle + Eclipse Link + Object-Realational model)
icon14.gif  Can I use ClipseLink to work with Object-Relational datatypes(TYPSES, VARRAY, NESTED TABLES..) [message #997752] Tue, 08 January 2013 17:08 Go to next message
Abdelmajid LEADER is currently offline Abdelmajid LEADERFriend
Hello,
I have mad some types and typed tables in a schema on oracle 10g.
My database respects the Object Relational model, in which I work with VARRAY, TYPES, NESTED TABLES, PL/SQL,...

I have already install Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, and also have the Weblogic server, And I can generate tables. But the problem is that it gives to me this tables with wrong types, until they contains in fact other tables as Objet column, and also the types are not supported.

Please need a help !

Thank's in advance Smile
Re: Can I use ClipseLink to work with Object-Relational datatypes(TYPSES, VARRAY, NESTED TABLES..) [message #998702 is a reply to message #997752] Thu, 10 January 2013 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Sutherland is currently offline James SutherlandFriend

Object relational data-types are not very commonly used. Most users use the relational model.

You can map object relational data-types in EclipseLink using the @Struct, @Structure, @Array annotations.
DDL generation is not supported for object-relational data-types, you will need to use your own DDL scripts.

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.4/jpa/extensions/a_struct.htm#CBBDCAHG

http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/documentation/2.4/jpa/extensions/a_array.htm#CHDDDFDA

James : Wiki : Book : Blog : Twitter
Re: Can I use ClipseLink to work with Object-Relational datatypes(TYPSES, VARRAY, NESTED TABLES..) [message #998781 is a reply to message #998702] Thu, 10 January 2013 17:30 Go to previous message
Abdelmajid LEADER is currently offline Abdelmajid LEADERFriend
Thank you very much, do you know even any other alternative just to execute PLSQL Scripts, and queries using simple statements with java
Previous Topic:Can I get set<MyEntity> instead of Indirect Set in one to many relationship
Next Topic:eclipselink 2.4 TABLE_PER_TENANT shared EMF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:36:32 GMT 2024