Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Assign File to a GMF node
Assign File to a GMF node [message #997705] Tue, 08 January 2013 15:21 Go to next message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Hi,

I would like to assign a file to a GMF node.
For example, there is a node Person A and I would like to assign a excel file to this person. Hope you understand what I mean.

I know that I could use a String with the filepath, but I wouldn't reckon that this is a good solution. I also thougt about a folder inside the project folder where I could store the files and assign only the filename to the node.

Has anyone maybe another solution?

Cheers,
Phil
Re: Assign File to a GMF node [message #998128 is a reply to message #997705] Wed, 09 January 2013 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

it depends on your IT infrastructure and use cases on how to solve your problem best.

Ralph
Re: Assign File to a GMF node [message #999941 is a reply to message #998128] Sun, 13 January 2013 14:06 Go to previous message
Phil H is currently offline Phil HFriend
Thx for your answer so far.
What do you mean with IT Infrastructure?
It doesn't matter which file extension it is. I just want to have the ability to assign Files to nodes in my GMF Editor. Furthermore, they should be stored somewhere in my project folder, because I want to be able to exchange Projects from one pc to another pc.
Hope you understand what I mean? I'm not sure if there is a good solution for my problem so far..
Previous Topic:Compartment layout problem after update to Juno
Next Topic:Display ports that are not contained by object
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:57:41 GMT 2024