Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » With CFEclipse - Java tabs save on exit, CF tabs do not
With CFEclipse - Java tabs save on exit, CF tabs do not [message #997468] Mon, 07 January 2013 16:33 Go to next message
Frank Constantelos is currently offline Frank ConstantelosFriend
I'm fairly new to Eclipse, but I set it up originally to practice Java and such. I've made a few sample projects, and installed CFEclipse recently as well. Within file explorer I'm able to open up CFM files and add them to the tabs on the top of my window, but after the first tab (called index.cfm), all the other tabs don't save. I've also noticed that the tabs not only have the file name but the file path in brackets after it, so while index.cfm will come back up once I open up eclipse again, index2.cfm does not, and its tab would come up as "index2.cfm [\\server\folder\subfolder\index2.cfm]". I'm not sure if the reason they're not saving and having file paths in the tab name are related but I just wanted something simple I can use to open files, and keep the opened once I restart Eclipse. The other thing is that it may think I'm still in the Java project and just opening up additional files, since all the java tabs open back up every time.

Is there a way to get CFM tabs to save? Do I need to create one workspace to work on CFM files and a separate one for Java ones? Does it matter if I just open files up while having a project open? What's the best course of action here? I'm only using it mainly because it's a little easier than Dreamweaver MX 2004 as far as clarity on screen goes (corporate software so I can't use my newer versions), and it does code-folding where MX 2004 does not.
Re: With CFEclipse - Java tabs save on exit, CF tabs do not [message #1004660 is a reply to message #997468] Wed, 23 January 2013 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Constantelos is currently offline Frank ConstantelosFriend
Bump, anyone have any efficient ways to solve this? I'd like to use eclipse instead of Notepad++ but it seems that N++ seems to do a simpler job. I just want something with code folding, syntax highlighting, and just be able to save my layout for next time I open eclipse but it seems that this isn't viable unless I start putting things in specific projects.
Re: With CFEclipse - Java tabs save on exit, CF tabs do not [message #1004668 is a reply to message #1004660] Wed, 23 January 2013 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 1/23/2013 9:05 AM, Frank Constantelos wrote:
> Bump, anyone have any efficient ways to solve this? I'd like to use
> eclipse instead of Notepad++ but it seems that N++ seems to do a simpler
> job. I just want something with code folding, syntax highlighting, and
> just be able to save my layout for next time I open eclipse but it seems
> that this isn't viable unless I start putting things in specific projects.

Notepad++ is a great editor, but it's not an IDE unless you've got a
pretty unfettered imagination.

Eclipse is an IDE. You shouldn't be surprised that it has basic, minimal
structure established. It's two-tiered. First is the workspace and
second is the project within that workspace. Without a project, you
cannot expect Eclipse to remember what files you were editing when you
shut down.

Best of luck.
Re: With CFEclipse - Java tabs save on exit, CF tabs do not [message #1004736 is a reply to message #1004660] Wed, 23 January 2013 19:25 Go to previous message
David Wegener is currently offline David WegenerFriend
CFEclipse is a third party plugin. It runs in Eclipse, but that doesn't make your problem an Eclipse issue. Check with the CFEclipse developers to see if this is a known issue/expected behaviro.
Previous Topic:Eclipse freezes when Emulator starts
Next Topic:Error executing command ReviewCodeorg.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 09:48:32 GMT 2024