Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » Empty line on generated ecore file
Empty line on generated ecore file [message #997419] Mon, 07 January 2013 12:17 Go to next message
Emanuele Gesuato is currently offline Emanuele GesuatoFriend
Hi there,

we are having a strange behaviour when ecore file is generated: the top line is empty and xml validation gets failed. In attachment you can find our ecore file that we are trying to generate.

I tried to debug in your code and found that when it is using "ecorefile.xpt" the statement "«this.ecoreFileContent»" is surrounded by two TextStatement: '\n' and '\n'.
The first one is the one that generates the empty line but it has its property "deleteLine" set to true but this attribute is never evaluated so the '\n' is generated.

The strange thing that we are using an our "ecorefile.xpt" but our file and yours are identical: if I try to delete our file the generation runs fine without the empty line. But I don't understand what's wrong. What encoding are you using to save xpt file ? UTF-8 ?

Thanks for any help,
Emanuele
Re: Empty line on generated ecore file [message #997789 is a reply to message #997419] Tue, 08 January 2013 18:50 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Emanuele,
This was a bug, I fixed it and published a new build, can you check if this helped?

gr. Martin

On 01/07/2013 01:17 PM, Emanuele Gesuato wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> we are having a strange behaviour when ecore file is generated: the top line is empty and xml validation gets failed. In attachment you can find our ecore file that we are trying to generate.
>
> I tried to debug in your code and found that when it is using "ecorefile.xpt" the statement "«this.ecoreFileContent»" is surrounded by two TextStatement: '\n' and '\n'.
> The first one is the one that generates the empty line but it has its property "deleteLine" set to true but this attribute is never evaluated so the '\n' is generated.
>
> The strange thing that we are using an our "ecorefile.xpt" but our file and yours are identical: if I try to delete our file the generation runs fine without the empty line. But I don't understand what's wrong. What encoding are you using to save xpt file ? UTF-8 ?
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Emanuele
>

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx
Web: www.springsite.com - www.elver.org
Previous Topic:[EEF] EObjects with different alternative views ?
Next Topic:Texo - ECore reference to another ECore using archive:
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:04:36 GMT 2024