Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages
How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #996953] Thu, 03 January 2013 09:26 Go to next message
michael schoettes is currently offline michael schoettesFriend
Hi all,

I've to select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages in the Eclipse Properties View but it seems that the Jubula Object Mapping Mode doesn't recognize these elements. Is there a way to select these tabs?

thanks for your help
michael
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #997533 is a reply to message #996953] Tue, 08 January 2013 07:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I believe that the tabbed pane as a whole is recognised in the object mapping mode. Like many other components, we deal with tabbed panes as a whole component, and address each individual tab within it using its index or title. I suspect that the green border is being drawn around the whole tabbed pane.

Best regards,
Alex
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #997551 is a reply to message #996953] Tue, 08 January 2013 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zeb Ford-Reitz is currently offline Zeb Ford-ReitzFriend
This is actually not something that Jubula is yet capable of, as Tabbed Property Sheet Pages are not implemented using standard tab widgets (TabFolder or CTabFolder). At least, that was the way it was as of a year ago or so.

If there's no bug entry for this yet, I'd recommend putting in an enhancement request. Additionally, if you're willing to submit a patch to implement this, I'm sure one of us would find the time to review it.

- Zeb
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #997554 is a reply to message #997533] Tue, 08 January 2013 09:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

with reference to the tabbed pane you're totaly right, of course, but I want to map a Tabbed Property Sheet Page inside a tabbed pane. Please have a look at the attached pic. I've no problem to control the red marked tabs by index or value, but I get no access to the blue marked tabs.
As a workaround I select the tabs with the clickInComponent function to the corresponding XY coordinate. Selecting these tabs by index or value would be much more comfortable for me.

Thanks for your help
Michael
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #997555 is a reply to message #996953] Tue, 08 January 2013 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander Kolesov is currently offline Alexander KolesovFriend
Hi,
Seems you are talking about buttons to select tabs in Tabs Property View.
Try to extend Jubula and your AUT in the following way: http://www.subshell.com/en/subshell/blog/Extending-Jubula-For-Custom-SWT-Controls-In-RCP-Applications100.html

It helped for me, and Jubula started recognizing them as custom controls which are able to be clicked.

Here is how it looks with that green mapping border:
index.php/fa/12904/0/

[Updated on: Tue, 08 January 2013 09:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #998586 is a reply to message #997555] Thu, 10 January 2013 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alexander,

the Jubula/AUT extension is very useful.

Many thanks for your help!
Michael
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #1008472 is a reply to message #997555] Tue, 12 February 2013 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Himal Shakya is currently offline Himal ShakyaFriend
Hi Alexander,

I tried to follow the tutorial mentioned by you. I even downloaded the latest Jubula 1.3 extensions. But I was unable to get the green border. What modifications do i need to get the green border.
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #1271025 is a reply to message #1008472] Fri, 14 March 2014 04:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anders Forsell is currently offline Anders ForsellFriend
I am running into this problem using Jubula 7.1.0

Is this still not supported???

I would believe using tabbed property sheets is fairly common in Eclipse RCP applications...

Regards,

Anders
Re: How can I select Tabbed Property Sheet Pages [message #1272311 is a reply to message #1271025] Mon, 17 March 2014 16:01 Go to previous message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Anders,

You're right, the support hasn't been added so far. It looks like other people who've needed it have implemented it for their needs. It's not something that the team has got around to, and so far there haven't been any patches to review.

You have a few options - you can implement an extension for it (and feel free to send us the patch to review as an enhancement), or you can add an enhancement without a patch stating what your requirements are. For the second case, if it's urgently required and / or you'd like to have the team implement it for you (and therefore also add the support for it within the tool), then you can check out the options for sponsored development.

Best regards,
Alex
Previous Topic:Jabula
Next Topic:Migrate to a new Database MySQL
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:28:36 GMT 2024