Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Can't start Eclipse 3.8 after being updated - FrameworkEvent ERROR(Can't start Eclipse 3.8 after being updated - FrameworkEvent ERROR)
Can't start Eclipse 3.8 after being updated - FrameworkEvent ERROR [message #993948] Wed, 26 December 2012 01:16 Go to next message
nicola burgarella is currently offline nicola burgarellaFriend
Good morning,thank you for being accpted me in the comunity.
I use Eclipse 3.8 with ubuntu 12.10 and it worked fine.Today I clicked to 'check for updates' instead of 'install new software',so I decided to select the 2options that appeared to be installed anyway.After that I couldn't start eclipse and it displays this warning popup at launch:
An error has occurred.see the log file
/home/nicola/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.8_155965261/configuration/1356481185533.log.

I tried to fix it googling but I couldn't find solutions.I re-installed eclipse but it doesn't work anymore and this message appears.

Here below the content of the log:
!SESSION 2012-12-26 01:19:45.397 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20120502-2000
java.version=1.7.0_09
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86_64, WS=gtk, NL=it_IT
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86_64

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-12-26 01:19:45.940
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.osgi.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(InternalSystemBundle.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:657)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:274)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1414)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected to find an object at table index: 1234
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.getFromObjectTable(StateReader.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.readExportPackageDesc(StateReader.java:413)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.readExportPackageDesc(StateReader.java:422)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.readBundleDescriptionLazyData(StateReader.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.fullyLoad(StateReader.java:823)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.BundleDescriptionImpl.loadLazyData(BundleDescriptionImpl.java:662)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.BundleDescriptionImpl.getExportPackages(BundleDescriptionImpl.java:160)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.setFrameworkVersion(PackageAdminImpl.java:706)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.setResolvedBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:656)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start(SystemBundleActivator.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	... 13 more
Root exception:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected to find an object at table index: 1234
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.getFromObjectTable(StateReader.java:83)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.readExportPackageDesc(StateReader.java:413)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.readExportPackageDesc(StateReader.java:422)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.readBundleDescriptionLazyData(StateReader.java:299)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateReader.fullyLoad(StateReader.java:823)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.BundleDescriptionImpl.loadLazyData(BundleDescriptionImpl.java:662)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.BundleDescriptionImpl.getExportPackages(BundleDescriptionImpl.java:160)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.setFrameworkVersion(PackageAdminImpl.java:706)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.PackageAdminImpl.setResolvedBundles(PackageAdminImpl.java:656)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start(SystemBundleActivator.java:67)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:711)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:702)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:683)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(InternalSystemBundle.java:225)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.launch(Framework.java:657)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.startup(EclipseStarter.java:274)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2012-12-26 01:19:45.944
!MESSAGE Startup error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.osgi.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.InternalSystemBundle.resume(InternalSystemBundle.java:233)
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Exception in org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.SystemBundleActivator.start() of bundle org.eclipse.osgi.
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleContextImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:734)
	... 11 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Expected to find an object at table index: 1234
	... 13 more

Every suggestions are really appreciate.
Kind regards
Nicola

Re: Can't start Eclipse 3.8 after being updated - FrameworkEvent ERROR [message #995650 is a reply to message #993948] Sun, 30 December 2012 19:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Williams is currently offline David WilliamsFriend
On 12/26/2012 09:00 AM, nicola burgarella wrote:
> Good morning,thank you for being accpted me in the comunity.
> I use Eclipse 3.8 with ubuntu 12.10 and it worked fine.Today I clicked
> to 'check for updates' instead of 'install new software',so I decided
> to select the 2options that appeared to be installed anyway.After that
> I couldn't start eclipse and it displays this warning popup at launch:
>
> An error has occurred.see the log file
> /home/nicola/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.8_155965261/configuration/1356481185533.log.
>
>

I'm wondering if you can recall and elaborate a bit on some specifics:
You started with plain Eclipse SDK 3.8.0, right? Remember the
names/source of original tar file you started with?
Did you have anything extra installed?
And then your goal was to end up with latest from 3.8.x stream, right?

The location of your "configuration log" indicates you are working with
a "shared install", such as eclipse installed in
/usr/bin/
or
/usr/local/bin

and then any user (userid) on your system would have their own "user
data" under ~/.eclipse/...
If this sounds true, did you install that "shared" version? Using root
ID? Or, ... ?

If this is indeed a shared install, I happen to know there's a
bug/feature that the "list of software repositories" is empty for each
user, and you would have had to update that yourself, such as by adding
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/3.8/

Any of this ring true? Do you recall those details? If so it might help
someone reproduce what you are seeing.
Such as what repo you used?
Do you recall what the "second thing" was offered to update? (I only see
one, trying the basics, "Eclipse SDK").

Any any case, You said you tried re-installing and that didn't work.
That might have been because of the existence of that
~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.platform_3.8...
"user data" area and you'd probably have to delete that too before a
re-install would work "fresh".
Note: you should NOT have to remove any workspaces you had created,
where ever you keep those.
And probably don't have to remove
~/.eclipse/org.eclipse.equinox.security/
if you have one (an area for "secure storage" of passwords, etc., if
you've saved any).
Re: Can't start Eclipse 3.8 after being updated - FrameworkEvent ERROR [message #1016675 is a reply to message #995650] Thu, 07 March 2013 10:36 Go to previous message
Thorsten Schlathölter is currently offline Thorsten SchlathölterFriend
Just for the Track. I just had a similar problem with a RCP application after upgrading from Java6 to Java7.
In my case resetting the workspace did the trick.

Regards,
Thorsten
Previous Topic:How to change font colors of Eclipse?
Next Topic:Can run Eclipse on windows RT?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:39:20 GMT 2024