Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to Install Plug-ins(Unable to install Plug-ins)
How to Install Plug-ins [message #991721] Thu, 20 December 2012 03:29 Go to next message
Shaun Rudd is currently offline Shaun RuddFriend
Hello,

I have a a third party plug-in. They have provided me with a folder containing 4 items.

1) Folder named features
2) Folder named plugins
3) artifacts zip file
4) contents zip file

I have downloaded the Eclipse classic version 4.2.1

Can someone explain me how I add this plug-in into eclipse.

Thanks
Shaun.
Re: How to Install Plug-ins [message #991918 is a reply to message #991721] Thu, 20 December 2012 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephane Begaudeau is currently offline Stephane BegaudeauFriend

Hi,

The repository containing those 4 items is called an update site. If you open Eclipse and if you go to the "Help -> Install New Software" menu, a window will appear. In this window you just need to click on the "Add" button to add a new update site. A popup will appear, click on the "Local" button and navigate to the folder containing those 4 resources (features, plugins, artifacts.jar, contents.jar) and select this folder. After that select OK. Now the content of your update site should appear in the window. You just need to click on what you want to install and "Next" and you ar ready to go!

Regards,

Stephane Begaudeau, Obeo

--
Twitter: @sbegaudeau
Google+: +stephane.begaudeau
Blog: http://stephanebegaudeau.tumblr.com | JDT Tips and Tricks
Re: How to Install Plug-ins [message #992172 is a reply to message #991918] Fri, 21 December 2012 02:46 Go to previous message
Shaun Rudd is currently offline Shaun RuddFriend
Thanks. I have successfully installed it. Much appreciated.
Previous Topic:Where can I change the background colour of the suggestion popups?
Next Topic:Eclipse C++ and Eclipse Java
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 21:31:01 GMT 2024