Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How to access report variable in masterpage
How to access report variable in masterpage [message #991019] Mon, 17 December 2012 04:45 Go to next message
vivek p v is currently offline vivek p vFriend
In my report i have one report varibale(ie.global variable).I want to access it masterpage.How can access it in masterpage.In master page header,i have one text element with type as HTML,there i want to get this report variable.Also report variable value is not a constant.Its value is changing dynamically(ie value is reassigned in an event "Oncreate" of one of the dataset)Can anyone pls share syntax(eg: like <VALUE-OF>vars["abc"]</VALUE-OF>).
Re: How to access report variable in masterpage [message #991126 is a reply to message #991019] Mon, 17 December 2012 12:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

The <value-of> tag is what you'd use to call a global variable in a text box, but it seems you already know that. Can you be more specific about what you're trying to do? Just display a variable value? Or is it with other text? Also, what's your BIRT version?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How to access report variable in masterpage [message #991137 is a reply to message #991019] Mon, 17 December 2012 13:10 Go to previous message
vivek p v is currently offline vivek p vFriend
ya.it is possible to access.But value is always constant.Same as that we given when creating reporting variable.As i mentioned in question,value is changing dynamically.That change is not reflecting Master page. If we use label field,then change is reflecting.But i cant able to use label,bcoz i want to embed html inside that.
Previous Topic:html inside label field
Next Topic:Connection Pool in Birt
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 20:26:00 GMT 2024