Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Standard Widget Toolkit (SWT) » Dynamicly sizing scrolled content
Dynamicly sizing scrolled content [message #990920] Fri, 14 December 2012 21:53
Zac Aj is currently offline Zac AjFriend
I'm working on a simple twitter client, and I've put a composite(listComposite) with a RowLayout in a ScrollableComposite with a FillLayout. I'm then placing Composites(tweetComposite) with FormLayouts in the RowLayout, each of them containing a tweet.
Right now I've got a weird problem where the list scrolls very slowly when I use the mouse wheel. It still works just fine if I drag the scroll bar. I don't know what could be causing it, but my only guess would be that something is getting messed up because the size of the content in the ScrollableComposite is changing, and maybe I'm not calling some update function I should be? (I manually call setSize for the tweet composite and the listComposite, as well as calling layout() on tweetComposite and the ScrollableComposite)

On top of that, trying to keep the tweets ordered properly in the list and dealing with the list getting bigger and bigger if the client was left open for a long time seems like it would require a lot of manual and complicated optimization. I was coding for Android a while ago, and they have a special ListWidget that handles deleting the Views of whatever parts of the list go off screen, as well as ordering all the Views correctly, etc. Is there any better way to handle this in SWT than what I'm currently doing?
Previous Topic:Assertion Fail
Next Topic:KTable scroll to focus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:59:01 GMT 2024