Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » How to install ICompletionListener (to all TextEditors)
How to install ICompletionListener (to all TextEditors) [message #990858] Fri, 14 December 2012 14:36
Kivanc Muslu is currently offline Kivanc MusluFriend
Hi all,

I would like to detect Quick Fix invocations, selected proposals, when the dialog is closed, etc. It looks like ICompletionListener (from org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist) would do this trick. However, after spending about an hour on the Internet and in Eclipse source code, I could not find the way to install the ICompletionListener(s) to Eclipse workspace and/or TextEditors.

The usage shows:
QuickAssistAssistant.addCompletionListener(..), however how can I get QuickAssistAssistant?

I have access to each opened TextEditor (I am using an IPartListener2), so if someone could tell me the correct way to get QuickAssistAssistant (for the workspace if it is created only one, or from a TextEditor, if it is created per text editor), that would be great?

Additionally, could you provide the way to install ICompletionListener for content assist (possibly ContentAssistant.addCompletionListener(..), which I suppose is similar to the quick assist assistant)?

Thank you,
Previous Topic:Class extending WorkbenchWindowControlContribution not invoking isVisible() method in Juno
Next Topic:How to install ICompletionListener (to all TextEditors)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:59:20 GMT 2024