Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » XWT - creating object inside a composite of a component
XWT - creating object inside a composite of a component [message #990620] Thu, 13 December 2012 13:33 Go to next message
Arthur Fücher is currently offline Arthur FücherFriend
Hi..

When I use the SWT Designer I can add a component to a composite that is inside a class, the SWT Designer create my component above a method, for example getComposite().

Can I do this in XWT Designer? Or it just create the component inside the other component?

To be more clear, I have a component that has a composite inside, I add this component in the toolkit and it's working. I want to create a button(using the XWT Designer) inside this component, but I want that this button stay inside the composite of the component.

Anyone can help me?
Re: XWT - creating object inside a composite of a component [message #990748 is a reply to message #990620] Fri, 14 December 2012 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Can you do that using XWT by hand?

If yes, please post some sample code indicating exactly what you are trying to do.
Re: XWT - creating object inside a composite of a component [message #990842 is a reply to message #990748] Fri, 14 December 2012 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arthur Fücher is currently offline Arthur FücherFriend
Hi Eric,

so this is my problem, I can't do using XWT by hand or in Designer...
Before use XWT I'm using SWT Designer, and it's working... by hand or using WB...

There is the image of the tree, in Designer:
http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8945/imgarthur.png

There is the java code: (FWHorizontalBox is mine component, see that the parent is getComposite(), that I want to do in XWT)
public test(Display display) {

super(display, SWT.SHELL_TRIM);

setLayout(new FillLayout(SWT.HORIZONTAL));

FWHorizontalBox horizontalBox = new FWHorizontalBox(getComposite(),SWT.NONE);

createContents();

}

Re: XWT - creating object inside a composite of a component [message #990933 is a reply to message #990842] Sat, 15 December 2012 02:49 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
Unfortunately, WindowBuilder is limited to the capabilities of XWT itself. If you can't write it by hand using XWT, WB won't be able to do so either.
Previous Topic:possible bug with save-acton "Add 'this' qualifier to unqualified field accesses" and acti
Next Topic:designbehaviour of custom awt-container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:22:04 GMT 2024