Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Working Groups » Automotive IWG » Interoperability of Tools(What needs to be done to increase the operability of tools...?)
Interoperability of Tools [message #990263] Tue, 11 December 2012 16:19
Christof Hammel is currently offline Christof HammelFriend
I am recently thinking about the changed cooperation models within the automotive industry between OEMs, Tier1 and 3rd parties and its impact to the standards in terms of format and in terms of tools.
From other domains (e.g. Eclipse, WebApps) we can learn a lot. Escpecially the exchange, integration (or installation) of additional features (as PlugIns, components, modules,...) is supported very well by simple mechanisms. E.g. WebApps are deployed by .war files which contains the biniaries plus an additional metadata-file (web.xml) that contains additional information about this application.
I have a similar vision for the embedded automotive software. The first steps are already available in terms of software-technology, here the standard will be Autosar in future. But for sharing, exchanging and deploying software something more is required which refers to additional metadata that needs to be shipped along with the binaries. If we manage to standardize also this, then software exchange will be much easier in future. And additionally the workspace-management in the Eclipse environment will get all the necessary information about the artifacts that are incorporated from an external delivery.
I would like to discuss this idea within this community.
Next Topic:Idea of Working Groups
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 16:58:51 GMT 2024