Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » TableViewer SWT.VIRTUAL or not ?(Make the selection not change)
TableViewer SWT.VIRTUAL or not ? [message #990242] Tue, 11 December 2012 14:49 Go to next message
Guillaume Galliano Bondurand is currently offline Guillaume Galliano BondurandFriend
Hello everyone,

I have a problem and I'm asking for help.

I have a TableViewer which is updated really fast in a MasterDetailsBlock.

A selection on an item in the TableViewer displays informations in a detail page.
The point is when the TableViewer is SWT.VIRTUAL the selection appears to be on the table index and whenever an item is added the selection changes because it stays on the same index.

I need to make the selection blocked on the item I've just selected.
In order to do that I tried to make my TableViewer not SWT.VIRTUAL and it worked but I have a lot of data and my application suffers a lot !

Is there a way to make the selection not change with SWT.VIRTUAL option ?
Re: TableViewer SWT.VIRTUAL or not ? [message #990831 is a reply to message #990242] Fri, 14 December 2012 11:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Krakora is currently offline Jan KrakoraFriend
Hi,

as I posted on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13761052/tableviewer-selection-changing, you have to use SWT.FULL_SELECTION style
when creating TableViewer.

I would really appreciate if somebody from JFace team or whoever understand it, explain it to use.
Re: TableViewer SWT.VIRTUAL or not ? [message #990841 is a reply to message #990831] Fri, 14 December 2012 12:00 Go to previous message
Guillaume Galliano Bondurand is currently offline Guillaume Galliano BondurandFriend
As I also replied on the other forum the SWT.FULL_SELECTION style is not resolving my problem.
My TableViewer was SWT.FULL_SELECTION all the time.

But I join you when you're asking for some JFace expert help =)
Previous Topic:TableViewer with SWT.VIRTUAL style and reveal
Next Topic:Prevent Dialog from Closing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 02:34:22 GMT 2024