Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Subversive » Question on accessing local folder that is linked to SVN(Copy folders as projects to Eclipse using subversive)
icon5.gif  Question on accessing local folder that is linked to SVN [message #989356] Wed, 05 December 2012 19:48 Go to next message
Melinda Savoy is currently offline Melinda SavoyFriend
Just started a new position where there is an SVN repository and the .NET developer that has been working on the java code in the SVN repository has been working from within Netbeans whereby he was able to import the SVN repository folder into a Netbeans project but the "LOCAL" copy of the code was in an established directory on the C:\. He then goes to the Windows Explorer and then right clicks the project and commits the changes he made to the SVN repository using TortoiseSVN.

I do not want to use Netbeans if I can help it if I can replicate the same situation that he's been doing for months since they lost their Java developer.

I cannot find where in subversive how to replicate that. I want to import the folder from my c:\ where the code resides and keep the same name of the folder for the project name and then be able to update or commit the code back to the SVN repository. Is that possible with subversive? Hope this makes sense.

Any help/direction would be appreciated.

Regards.
Re: Question on accessing local folder that is linked to SVN [message #989374 is a reply to message #989356] Wed, 05 December 2012 22:06 Go to previous message
Melinda Savoy is currently offline Melinda SavoyFriend
I just went ahead and created a NEW workspace and imported the SVN projects into that. Thanks anyway.
Previous Topic:How to open SVN checked-out project in Eclipse?
Next Topic:How can I add jar files for reference to imported SVN project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 06:57:54 GMT 2024