Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Problem connecting Mylyn remote repo with github issues repo(Problem connecting Mylyn remote repo with github issues repo)
Problem connecting Mylyn remote repo with github issues repo [message #989335] Wed, 05 December 2012 16:57 Go to next message
Rick Horowitz is currently offline Rick HorowitzFriend
I'm new to git and mylyn, trying to use egit and mylyn with github. Have gotten most things working, but unable to create a Mylyn remote repository that connects to my github repo issues. Here is my installed Eclipse software.
index.php/fa/12609/0/

Here's what I tried:

- Created an issue in my github repo
- Clicked 'Add Task Repository' in Mylyn Task Repositories tab
- Selected GitHub Issues from the 'Add Task Repo' dialog and clicked 'Next'
- Copied https<colon>//github<dot>com/rickgittest/multiproject.git into the Server field. This caused the Label field to be set to 'rickgittest/multiproject.git issues'
- Entered my GitHub userid and password and clicked the Finish button.
- Answered 'No' to the question, 'Would you like to add a query to the Task list for this repository?'
- The task repository was created, as shown here:
index.php/fa/12610/0/
Note the decorator icon used by Eclipse on the repository (I don't know what it means).
- I selected 'Synchronize All Tasks' from the context menu of the newly created Bugs Repo and nothing seems to happen. Shouldn't the issue I created in github be retrieved and shown?
- I then tried to create a New Task for the remote issues repository. I filled out the short description at the top of the dialog, the description field, and set the assignee to myself (my github userid).
- When I press the submit button, I get an error message, "Submit failed: Unexpected error: Not Found". When I click on the error message, I get no additional information.

I could really use some help to get past this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: Problem connecting Mylyn remote repo with github issues repo [message #989336 is a reply to message #989335] Wed, 05 December 2012 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kevin Sawicki is currently offline Kevin SawickiFriend
Edit the task repository and remove the .git suffix from the Server field.
Re: Problem connecting Mylyn remote repo with github issues repo [message #989352 is a reply to message #989336] Wed, 05 December 2012 19:14 Go to previous message
Rick Horowitz is currently offline Rick HorowitzFriend
That worked. Thanks! I also discovered that I needed to create a Query in order to pull tasks from the github server to Eclipse.

[Updated on: Wed, 05 December 2012 20:12]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Existing project with multiple git repos
Next Topic:Branch with closed projects
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:02:39 GMT 2024