Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Visualization and Navigation between diagrams
Visualization and Navigation between diagrams [message #989307] Wed, 05 December 2012 15:26 Go to next message
Atif Javed is currently offline Atif JavedFriend
Hello,

I want to support the navigation between papyrus UML diagrams (in particular, Class diagram and Component diagram). Would it be possible by some means?

Also, would it be possible to automatically visualize the .UML component diagram in papyrus (without manually dropping them to the editor and specifying the x-axis and y-axis co-ordinates for modelling elements).

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Best, Atif/
Re: Visualization and Navigation between diagrams [message #989313 is a reply to message #989307] Wed, 05 December 2012 15:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

Navigation between diagrams is supported through diagram shortcuts or hyperlinks.

To create a Diagram shortcut, simply drop a Diagram from your ModelExplorer to another Diagram. Shortcuts currently only work for ClassDiagrams.

To create an Hyperlink, double-click on an Element on your diagram, then select the "View hyperlink" tab. You can add one or more links to diagrams/tables

To navigate an Hyperlink, you have two options:

1) Hover the element on which you've added the Hyperlink. The available diagram/table links should appear on the bottom-left of the hovered element.

2) Use default hyperlinks. Double click on an Element, and go to the "Default hyperlinks" tab. Add one or more links to the right panel. When you'll double-click again on this Element, you will automatically navigate the default(s) hyperlinks (i.e. open the corresponding diagram, table, document, etc.)

For you second question, Papyrus does not support canonical diagrams (i.e. diagrams synchronized with the model). Diagrams are partial views of a Model.

However, we provide a tool to automatically generate a Diagram from a Semantic model. If you're using Papyrus 0.9 (Eclipse Juno), you can install the "Diagram generation" component (Help -> Install Papyrus Additional Components)

The documentation for this component is available here: http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/extraplugins/diagramtemplate/org.eclipse.papyrus.diagramtemplate.doc/resources/template-diaGen.pdf

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Visualization and Navigation between diagrams [message #989488 is a reply to message #989313] Thu, 06 December 2012 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dear Camille,

Many thanks for your reply. Your provided information is helpful.

However, the documentation link for 'code-generation components' seems broken:(http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/extraplugins/diagramtemplate/org.eclipse.papyrus.diagramtemplate.doc/resources/template-diaGen.pdf). Could you please fix it, or provide me some other alternative to access the documentation.

Regards,
Atif/
Re: Visualization and Navigation between diagrams [message #989694 is a reply to message #989307] Fri, 07 December 2012 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I am using Eclipse Juno with Papyrus 9.0, and I would like to generate a sample papyrus model from my existing .UML file.

To that, I have followed these steps: (i) I have created a sample .UML file with few classes; in (ii) step, I have created a diagram generation template and filled all the relevant stuff (including diagram kind, for, what, etc.); and as (iii) step, I have created a papyrus model based on my existing .UML file through right click on .UML file and following the papyrus model creation wizard; as (iv) step, I have loaded the UML model file (in the diagram generation template) by using load from workspace button. After following all these steps, I have saved the diagram file. But, when I have pressed the generate button in generation template, nothing is generated.

Am I am doing something wrong? Thanks for your time and consideration

Best, Atif/
Re: Visualization and Navigation between diagrams [message #989698 is a reply to message #989488] Fri, 07 December 2012 10:44 Go to previous message
Hi,

I am using Eclipse Juno with Papyrus 9.0, and I would like to generate a sample papyrus model from my existing .UML file.

To that, I have followed these steps: initially, I have created a sample .UML file with few classes; in 2nd step, I have created a diagram generation template and filled all the relevant stuff (including diagram kind, for, what, etc.); and as 3rd step, I have created a papyrus model based on my existing .UML file through right click on .UML file and following the papyrus model creation wizard; in 4th step, I have loaded the UML model file in generation template by using the load from work-space button. After following all these steps, I have saved the model. But, when I have clicked at the 'generate button' in diagram generation template, no model is generated; even the template do not redirects to the papyrus model (in my case).

Am I am doing something wrong? Thanks for your time and consideration

Best, Atif/
Previous Topic:Installing EastADL with Papyrus
Next Topic:Installing Papyrus in fresh Eclipse Indigo for Modeling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:10:45 GMT 2024