Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to create a new Papyrus diagram
How to create a new Papyrus diagram [message #988546] Fri, 30 November 2012 12:42 Go to next message
Mary P. is currently offline Mary P.Friend
Hello!

I am trying to follow the tutorial "How to create a new Papyrus UML diagram"
http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/examples/others/org.eclipse.papyrus.example.diagram.simplediagram/docs/PapyrusDevelopperTutorial_OnDiagramCreating.odt
I use Eclipse MT Juno
I managed to complete the tutorial using uml.ecore, but I cannot create my diagram based on my own ecore file!

I modified the uml.ecore file. I added there a new class Student which is a successor of a class Class. It does not have any new features.
Then I tried to create a new diagram as it is described in the Tutorial *How to create a new UML Papyrus diagram*. And I wanted this diagram to contain only elements of my class Student (instead of class Component as in the Tutorial).
When I try to Validate my .gmfgen file everything is ok.
Then I run it as a new runtime application.
Then I import the project with this .gmfgen file (I do not copy it, just import) and three other plugins required for generation of a new Papyrus Diagram to this runtime application.
Then I try to validate the same .gmfgen file but in my runtime application.
And here I receive a lot of errors!
And when I look at the imported .gmfgen file it does not look like the original one!
But physically it is the same file!

Could anybody, please, explain me, why it happens like this?
Is it possible to create a new Papyrus diagrams that contains not only UML elements but also the new ones defined in .ecore file using Eclipse Juno???

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Mary

Re: How to create a new Papyrus diagram [message #988555 is a reply to message #988546] Fri, 30 November 2012 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

you should try asking Papyrus related questions in their Forum. I think you will have better chances to find a papyrus expert there. www.eclipse.org/forums/eclipse.papyrus

Ralph
Re: How to create a new Papyrus diagram [message #988558 is a reply to message #988555] Fri, 30 November 2012 14:00 Go to previous message
Mary P. is currently offline Mary P.Friend
Ok! Thank you!
I have already asked them this question and they said that it is not about Papyrus but about GMF and sent me to you Sad
Previous Topic:ModelingAssistant Popup for ShapeCompartments
Next Topic:Add multiple shapes with connectors at ones
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:29:01 GMT 2024