Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Custom ModelAssistant Popup Names and Icons
Custom ModelAssistant Popup Names and Icons [message #987760] Tue, 27 November 2012 23:08 Go to next message
Nick Collier is currently offline Nick CollierFriend
I've customized my palette icons with large and small icons, but these changes do not seem to carry over to the model assistant popup menu. Should they? If not, how can I make the popup menu use my new icons and names. I did see a reference to gmf best practices slides at eclipsezilla but the link is broken. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Nick
Re: Custom ModelAssistant Popup Names and Icons [message #987800 is a reply to message #987760] Wed, 28 November 2012 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

as far as my experience is this should happen automatically. However if you want to debug what is happening you can set a breakpoint in PopupBarEditPolicy.

Ralph
Re: Custom ModelAssistant Popup Names and Icons [message #987804 is a reply to message #987760] Wed, 28 November 2012 09:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Muelder is currently offline Andreas MuelderFriend
Hello Nick,

GMF uses the icons of the ElementTypes and not of the Palette for the Modeling Assistant. You can change them in your plugin.xml.

Regards,

Andreas
Re: Custom ModelAssistant Popup Names and Icons [message #987824 is a reply to message #987804] Wed, 28 November 2012 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

maybe it could even be as simple that you can exchange the icons in your generated .edit plugin. But I am not 100% sure about that.

Ralph
Re: Custom ModelAssistant Popup Names and Icons [message #987898 is a reply to message #987804] Wed, 28 November 2012 15:14 Go to previous message
Nick Collier is currently offline Nick CollierFriend
Thanks. I made the changes in the plugin but it doesn't seem to work. I noticed that even when I put a bad path in for the icon path I don't get any error. Similarly, when I change the name properties in plugin.properties these names are ignored as well.

thanks,

Nick
Previous Topic:On Save Action
Next Topic:ModelingAssistant Popup for ShapeCompartments
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:36:50 GMT 2024