Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How Do I Hide certain detail and column areas in a crosstab?
How Do I Hide certain detail and column areas in a crosstab? [message #987604] Tue, 27 November 2012 10:13 Go to next message
holy moly is currently offline holy molyFriend
Hi,

I've been struggling to hide certain detail columns I do not wish to show in my cross tab.

The report will show the row data: name X...
with the column detail... 1 Month, 3 Months etc...(ordered by a begin date which is hidden)
the Detail holds values Net1, gross1, excess1 stacked above eachother then
Net2, Gross2, Excess2 again stacked above each other to the right of Values1 and will show for each period

I only wnat to show the second group of values for specific periods.
Ive tried filtering at the crosstab level but lose everything
tried at the cell level but only hides the values contained within the cell

I want to remove/hide the entire column when the frequency equals the desired frequency period to show the data

eg

Name ----- Perod 1, Period 2, period 3
Name ----- Vals1 vals1 Vals1 Vals2

I've managed to control the display as in it will only display values and header for the correct period but can't hide the entire column when the period is not correct

Hope someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks,
B

[Updated on: Tue, 27 November 2012 11:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How Do I Hide certain detail and column areas in a crosstab? [message #987708 is a reply to message #987604] Tue, 27 November 2012 16:59 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

So, how do you determine which range is hidden? Do you think you could create a sample, with the sample database that shows how you've got your report set up, so I can see the issue?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:Exception generated when working with a Joint Data Set with Scripted Data Sources and Java Classes
Next Topic:BIRT Chart- creating my own chart plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:49:03 GMT 2024