Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Migrate Eclipse 3.3 features/plugins to Eclipse Juno 4.2
Migrate Eclipse 3.3 features/plugins to Eclipse Juno 4.2 [message #987107] Fri, 23 November 2012 14:13
Brendan Healey is currently offline Brendan HealeyFriend
I'm using an old version of Eclipse (Eclipse Platform 3.3) which uses a product comprising a large number of features and plugins. The product vendor is no longer in business so I'm looking at the viability of migrating the features/plugins to run on Eclipse Juno 4.2. The JAR files in the plugins were compiled on Java 5 and will be running in a Java 7 environment (no source code). Has anyone had any experience of doing such a thing, is it possible and is there any reference material? I really can't think of any more detail to add to this question, so I'm going to go with this.

I've just become aware of the compatibility layer, but at the moment I just wanted to get an idea if this is feasible given that we've no source code (maybe a decompiler though!).

Edit: It now looks very much like the compatibility layer is the solution for me, however I'm struggling to find any step by step instructions on how to use it. If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it very much.

Regards,
Brendan.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 November 2012 13:53]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Build Error
Next Topic:how to add feature to the VariablesView?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:40:24 GMT 2024