Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Export referenced library from static library
Export referenced library from static library [message #986947] Thu, 22 November 2012 13:38
Remko Tronçon is currently offline Remko TronçonFriend
I have a project with the following setup: An executable 'Executable', which references a static library 'LibraryA', which in turn references another library, 'LibraryB'.

In the 'LibraryA' project, i have 'LibraryB' listed in the "References" tab (under "Paths & Symbols"). In the 'Executable' project, i have 'LibraryA' listed in the "References" tab. This setup makes everything compile, but Executable obviously doesn't link, since it needs LibraryB, and since this library is not exported from LibraryA.

The problem is: since LibraryA is a static library project, I don't have a "Libraries" tab where I can export the referenced LibraryB from (since a static library has no linker, therefore not a libraries input, and therefore no Libraries tab).

It sounds to me that CDT trying to mix the exports with the inputs of a project is not really correct. Or am I missing something?
Previous Topic:how to set include path
Next Topic:No fast C++ indexer in Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 08:59:54 GMT 2024