Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » How to create one model from several XSDs?
How to create one model from several XSDs? [message #986787] Wed, 21 November 2012 15:59 Go to next message
Gunnar Arndt is currently offline Gunnar ArndtFriend
Hi members,

I have been using a set of interdependent Ecore models for a few months as a target of an ATL transformation, and I have run into a problem which cannot be solved in the more special ATL forum (previous discussion here).

There is an XML schema definition otx.xsd which imports several other XSDs, e.g. diagCom.xsd and hmi.xsd. I have imported otx.xsd as a source of an Ecore model, which resulted in the Ecore models otx, diagCom, and hmi to be created.
ATL does not seem to support containment references yet, but I need to be able to store elements from the imported sub-models (hmi and diagCom) in containers of the main model, otx.

Do you know a way to create one single model from the set of XSDs? Or can the created main Ecore model (otx) be changed somehow in order to import the sub-models automatically, so I can access them in ATL through the main model directly?

Thanks for your help in advance - I'm beginning to get nervous, as this is an project for one of the larger swabian automotive companies to be finished by the end of this year, and I'm currently working around the issue.
Re: How to create one model from several XSDs? [message #1176481 is a reply to message #986787] Fri, 08 November 2013 11:01 Go to previous message
Dominik foobar is currently offline Dominik foobarFriend
Hi Gunnar,

could you find a solution for your question? I would be glad if you could share some information, because i am in a similar situation.
thanks
Previous Topic:Correct way to override the accessors for an eAttribute
Next Topic:Strange EOpposite references behaviour
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 12:08:19 GMT 2024