Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » How To add a report item
How To add a report item [message #986242] Mon, 19 November 2012 15:17 Go to next message
Patrick Trabocchi is currently offline Patrick TrabocchiFriend
Hi all,
i' ve searched on this forum, on how to add a radio button on a report, i' ve followed the suggest to add this item bye using a text field with html content. But when i preview the report, the radio button isn' t rendered, and so i' ve decided to add a new report item, i' ve searched and found some guide but seems to be outdated. Finally i've found the sample chapter of Integrating and extending BIRT, where is explained how to extend it, but with no luck, becuase when i need to declare the exported package of this plugin, the dialog choice from runtime tab of plugin manifest definition is empty.

If someone here, exentend BIRT component palette and can suggest me an update guide point on how to develop the new reportitem, i appreciate the aid.

thanks, Patrick.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 November 2012 18:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How To add a report item [message #986558 is a reply to message #986242] Tue, 20 November 2012 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Here's an article about creating a custom element: http://www.eclipse.org/articles/article.php?file=Article-BIRT-ExtensionTutorial1/index.html

What issue are you having getting a radio button to display in your text box?

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: How To add a report item [message #986680 is a reply to message #986558] Wed, 21 November 2012 11:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tnx for replying Michael, i'm reading as soon as possible the article that you have linked. My problem is related to display the radio button on the report preview, if i try the preview tab on report editor, i see the radio button, but if i preview the report in pdf the radio button isn' t displayed.

tnx Patrick.
Re: How To add a report item [message #986855 is a reply to message #986680] Thu, 22 November 2012 04:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yeah. The PDF output doesn't support checkbox objects, like that. Even the html button palette object in Actuate BIRT doesn't output to PDF. You might have to look into modifying the PDF emitter to make this happen, if it's possible.

Michael

Re: How To add a report item [message #987887 is a reply to message #986855] Wed, 28 November 2012 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 28 November 2012 14:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How To add a report item [message #987888 is a reply to message #987887] Wed, 28 November 2012 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tnx for reply Michael, reading your answer has suggested me an idea, i can put the radio button as image on pdf. I' m only need to found a way on how to grab the image of JRadioButton, and put that on the pdf.

Can you suggest me a way to render the radio button on excel file.

best regards, Patrick.
Re: How To add a report item [message #988456 is a reply to message #987888] Thu, 29 November 2012 23:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

With the standard XLS emitter, you can't do images, but if you were to use a plug-in, like:

http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/marketplace/app-showcase/?app=102

You could use the image idea for XLS, too.

Michael

Re: How To add a report item [message #988534 is a reply to message #988456] Fri, 30 November 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Il 30/11/2012 0.58, Michael Williams ha scritto:
> With the standard XLS emitter, you can't do images, but if you were to
> use a plug-in, like:
>
> http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/marketplace/app-showcase/?app=102
>
> You could use the image idea for XLS, too.

Tnx Michael, i've two question for you, sorry. The first, how can i
install the app in the birt marketplace? And the second is possible to
integrate into xls emitter some of swing components, like lists and
radiobutton?

regards,

Patrick
Re: How To add a report item [message #988953 is a reply to message #988534] Tue, 04 December 2012 03:48 Go to previous message

To install the plug-in, in the designer, you'd just need to drop it into your plugins folder. There should be a readme or instructions available, with the download, too, I think. For the second question, I haven't tried it. You'd most likely be looking at writing your own / modifying an existing XLS emitter to get the output as you're wanting.

Michael

Previous Topic:Data Extraction from Report Using Data Cubes
Next Topic:while i am running the .rptdesign file in birt-rcp-report-designer-3_7_1,i am getting the below exce
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:16:04 GMT 2024