Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » BIRT-Viewer DB connection error (BIRT doesn't connect to DB when called from a PHP script)
BIRT-Viewer DB connection error [message #985716] Thu, 15 November 2012 19:03 Go to next message
Christian Hilgenstock is currently offline Christian HilgenstockFriend
Hi,

I designed a BIRT-Report under Eclipse. DB access is directly by MYSQL JDBC driver, which is located in the BIRT-Viewer directory. The report is running well when called from Eclipse. Calling the BIRT-Viewer from a PHP script works as well, however DB access fails (see message and catalina log entry below).
The environment is:

BIRT-Runtime 4.2.1
Tomcat 7.0
Eclipse: Helios Service Release 2, Build id: 20110218-0911 (today's download)

Can you help me?

PS.: I am aware that this problem is not really new, there are some postings in forums. But I didn't find a solution by now, so I try again.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Title
Congratulations!

If you can see this report, it means that the BIRT viewer is installed correctly.

Sample Parameter:

15.11.2012 19:33

The following items have errors:

Table (id = 47):
+ An exception occurred during processing. Please see the following message for details:
Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.dbprofile.
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to determine the default workspace location. Check your OSGi-less platform configuration of the plugin or datatools workspace path. (Element ID:47)

catalina log:

Nov 15, 2012 7:33:17 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectivityPlugin log
SEVERE: Unable to determine the default workspace location. Check your OSGi-less platform configuration of the plugin or datatools workspace path.

Re: BIRT-Viewer DB connection error [message #985742 is a reply to message #985716] Thu, 15 November 2012 21:50 Go to previous message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 11/15/2012 2:29 PM, Christian Hilgenstock wrote:
> Hi,
> I designed a BIRT-Report under Eclipse.
> [snip]

Please post in Eclipse BIRT-specific forum.
Previous Topic:phortran run console
Next Topic:Change web service response
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:24:11 GMT 2024