Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Eclipse link multiple SQL web services operations(Eclipse link multiple SQL web services operations)
Eclipse link multiple SQL web services operations [message #980445] Sun, 11 November 2012 17:34 Go to next message
Nel 2 is currently offline Nel 2Friend
Hi,

In 11.1.2.2 jdev, I can generate a toplink/eclipse link plsql web services easily for one SQL (dbws).
Can I change the web services to support multiple operations, each for different select sql?

I've tried to changed the wsdl file to have multiple operations
and amend eclipse link-dbws.XML to include multiple query tags.

The web services can be run with multiple operation wsdl but the response of each operation
(using Jdev http analyzer) return only the result of the first operaton.
Can anyone help?

Regards,
Sad
Re: Eclipse link multiple SQL web services operations [message #982733 is a reply to message #980445] Tue, 13 November 2012 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nel 2 is currently offline Nel 2Friend
Hi,
Can anyone help ?
Any expert on dbws ?

Thks
Re: Eclipse link multiple SQL web services operations [message #1008086 is a reply to message #982733] Fri, 08 February 2013 20:51 Go to previous message
David McCann is currently offline David McCannFriend
Although I wouldn't recommend trying to modify the generated artifacts, it is possible to do so to enable multiple SQL request/responses. You'd need to make sure the WSDL had types, etc. all set correctly. The generated schema file would need to reflect any referenced types, and the generated service file would need <query> entries added accordingly. If the data triggered ORM project generation you'd need to make changes there as well.

Although the JDeveloper UI doesn't allow a service to be generated from multiple SQL statements, the standalone DBWS builder does. There are some examples you can check out on the Eclipse Wiki: http://wiki.eclipse.org/EclipseLink/Examples/DBWS. If you wanted to download an EclipseLink install and try out the DBWS Builder, look here: http://www.eclipse.org/eclipselink/downloads. There are scripts in <ECLIPSELINK_HOME>/utils/dbws that will allow you to run the builder from a terminal.

Note that the JDeveloper tool does allow multiple stored procedures to be selected when generating a web service, so another other option would be to create a stored procedure for each of your SQL statements and generate the web service based on them.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Dave
Previous Topic:JPA caching
Next Topic:Version 2.4.2 M5 - The query contains a malformed ending
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:41:25 GMT 2024