Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » Generation code source
Generation code source [message #972487] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:14 Go to next message
dorraaaa Z is currently offline dorraaaa ZFriend
Hi , i have done MDA transformation with ATL on using UIML in the generation of models, then i want to generate code source automatically

if you can tell me what tool should i use ? and how
i find FormToolkit but i don't know how i should use it
or i should do it manually to convert UIML to Java

thanks
Re: Generation code source [message #972505 is a reply to message #972487] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

ATL is for model-to-model transformation.
If you want to generate code out of models (obtained thanks to such model-to-model transformations for instance), you have to use model-to-text technologies such as Acceleo.

If you target the generation of Java code, the MoDisco project already provides you the Java metamodel and Java generator for free.
You then just have to build your ATL transformation from XXX-to-Java (with XXX being your source metamodel, such as UML for instance).

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: Generation code source [message #972533 is a reply to message #972505] Mon, 05 November 2012 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dorraaaa Z is currently offline dorraaaa ZFriend
thank you very much
i have installed it ( MoDisco project )
but waht discoverer should i choose in the run configuration
Re: Generation code source [message #973335 is a reply to message #972533] Tue, 06 November 2012 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

As I told you in my previous post, in your specific case where you start from an UML model, you have to build an UML-to-Java transformation in ATL and then directly use the provided MoDisco Java generator.
Discoverers are for getting models out of artifacts which are not models (e.g. source code, configuration files, data, etc), that is not your case from what I understood.
Everything is pretty well explained in the MoDisco documentation.

Best regards,

Hugo

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
Nantes - France
Re: Generation code source [message #982593 is a reply to message #973335] Tue, 13 November 2012 08:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andreas Brieg is currently offline Andreas BriegFriend
The generate Java Source discoverer provided in MoDisco 0.10.1 is not available from the menu in the IDE, because it still depends on the org.eclipse.gmt.modisco API. But that is deprecated as it was moved to org.eclipse.modisco. I wrote my own discoverer to accomplish what the provided one does.
Re: Generation code source [message #982991 is a reply to message #982593] Tue, 13 November 2012 15:35 Go to previous message
Hello,

The Java Source code generator has never been directly available from the IDE as the discoverers are.
It is an Acceleo plugin project that needs to be either added to your (under development) plugin's dependencies or checked out onto your (development) workspace.
Then, you can launch it (from your Java model) respectively using either Java code or an Acceleo launch configuration.
Cf. the "Java generation" section of the MoDisco documentation.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Hugo

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
Nantes - France
Previous Topic:Avantage ATL +UIML
Next Topic:Why is the ATL editor removing the drop keyword?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:30:37 GMT 2024