Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » Problem with ResourceTranslatorHelper
Problem with ResourceTranslatorHelper [message #137582] Wed, 24 June 2009 11:22 Go to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Once more on I18N switching. It looks like in my workspace
ResourceTranslatorHelper.isRWTLocalSpecificTranslationAllowe d() fails
because the RegistryFactory-Found is not the patched one.

So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the patched factory is not
shipped? Where should it reside?

Tom
[Solved] Re: Problem with ResourceTranslatorHelper [message #137594 is a reply to message #137582] Wed, 24 June 2009 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

I found org.eclipse.rap.equinox.registry in CVS but simply checking into
to the workspace and including it into the run configuration is not working.

It looks like launching with the fragment in the workspace is not making
Equninox to patch the host bundle. When exporting the Fragment into the
target everything is working.

Now is it by intention that this fragment is not part of the build?

Tom

Tom Schindl schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Once more on I18N switching. It looks like in my workspace
> ResourceTranslatorHelper.isRWTLocalSpecificTranslationAllowe d() fails
> because the RegistryFactory-Found is not the patched one.
>
> So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the patched factory is not
> shipped? Where should it reside?
>
> Tom
Re: [Solved] Re: Problem with ResourceTranslatorHelper [message #138181 is a reply to message #137594] Fri, 26 June 2009 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tom Schindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found org.eclipse.rap.equinox.registry in CVS but simply checking into
> to the workspace and including it into the run configuration is not working.
>
> It looks like launching with the fragment in the workspace is not making
> Equninox to patch the host bundle. When exporting the Fragment into the
> target everything is working.
>
> Now is it by intention that this fragment is not part of the build?
It is a hack that entirely relies on the internals of
org.eclipse.equinox.registry. This is why we decided to leave it out
of the build. Our desired solution would more like this:
244468: Support reading extension registry in any locale
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=244468

>
> Tom
>
> Tom Schindl schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Once more on I18N switching. It looks like in my workspace
>> ResourceTranslatorHelper.isRWTLocalSpecificTranslationAllowe d() fails
>> because the RegistryFactory-Found is not the patched one.
>>
>> So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the patched factory is not
>> shipped? Where should it reside?
>>
>> Tom
Re: [Solved] Re: Problem with ResourceTranslatorHelper [message #138188 is a reply to message #138181] Fri, 26 June 2009 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schindl is currently offline Thomas SchindlFriend
Messages: 6609
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi,

Thanks for the pointer. I fully understand the implications and why you
decided to not deliver it. I would have expected to find a pointer in
the documentation though because writing multi-locale applications
without this bundle is impossible :-) and the only pointer to this is
found in the JavaDoc of the internal class.

I hope I find some time this weekend to write up a blog post about
multi-locale and single-sourcing with RAP and how I solved the problems
switch a big RCP library (about 30 bundles and 1000s LOC) to RAP.

Tom

Rüdiger Herrmann schrieb:
> Tom Schindl wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I found org.eclipse.rap.equinox.registry in CVS but simply checking into
>> to the workspace and including it into the run configuration is not
>> working.
>>
>> It looks like launching with the fragment in the workspace is not making
>> Equninox to patch the host bundle. When exporting the Fragment into the
>> target everything is working.
>>
>> Now is it by intention that this fragment is not part of the build?
> It is a hack that entirely relies on the internals of
> org.eclipse.equinox.registry. This is why we decided to leave it out of
> the build. Our desired solution would more like this:
> 244468: Support reading extension registry in any locale
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=244468
>
>>
>> Tom
>>
>> Tom Schindl schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Once more on I18N switching. It looks like in my workspace
>>> ResourceTranslatorHelper.isRWTLocalSpecificTranslationAllowe d() fails
>>> because the RegistryFactory-Found is not the patched one.
>>>
>>> So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the patched factory is not
>>> shipped? Where should it reside?
>>>
>>> Tom
Re: [Solved] Re: Problem with ResourceTranslatorHelper [message #138195 is a reply to message #138188] Fri, 26 June 2009 12:02 Go to previous message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Tom Schindl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the pointer. I fully understand the implications and why you
> decided to not deliver it. I would have expected to find a pointer in
> the documentation though because writing multi-locale applications
> without this bundle is impossible :-) and the only pointer to this is
> found in the JavaDoc of the internal class.
Ups, I thought that there was a link in the documentation. I will
check that...

>
> I hope I find some time this weekend to write up a blog post about
> multi-locale and single-sourcing with RAP and how I solved the problems
> switch a big RCP library (about 30 bundles and 1000s LOC) to RAP.
I am looking forward to read :)

>
> Tom
>
> Rüdiger Herrmann schrieb:
>> Tom Schindl wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I found org.eclipse.rap.equinox.registry in CVS but simply checking into
>>> to the workspace and including it into the run configuration is not
>>> working.
>>>
>>> It looks like launching with the fragment in the workspace is not making
>>> Equninox to patch the host bundle. When exporting the Fragment into the
>>> target everything is working.
>>>
>>> Now is it by intention that this fragment is not part of the build?
>> It is a hack that entirely relies on the internals of
>> org.eclipse.equinox.registry. This is why we decided to leave it out of
>> the build. Our desired solution would more like this:
>> 244468: Support reading extension registry in any locale
>> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=244468
>>
>>> Tom
>>>
>>> Tom Schindl schrieb:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Once more on I18N switching. It looks like in my workspace
>>>> ResourceTranslatorHelper.isRWTLocalSpecificTranslationAllowe d() fails
>>>> because the RegistryFactory-Found is not the patched one.
>>>>
>>>> So what am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the patched factory is not
>>>> shipped? Where should it reside?
>>>>
>>>> Tom
Previous Topic:Switching Language on User-Action
Next Topic:Context Menu is not displayed entirely at the bottom of browsers
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Tue Nov 30 04:17:28 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.02274 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top