Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » the dreaded NullPointerException
the dreaded NullPointerException [message #136621] Mon, 19 March 2007 22:30 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: prufrock17.hotmail.com

I've successfully been using Eclipse with VE for several weeks.

Suddenly my VE indicates that I have a parse error and will no longer show my project. I even loaded an earlier version of the project (which previously functioned correctly), and it fails to show as well.

I have attempted some suggestions in other posts, but have been unsuccessful.

Log is below. Thanks.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ve.java.core 4 0 2007-03-19 17:15:29.657
!MESSAGE Exception thrown.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.java.rules.DefaultVisit orFactoryRule.retrieveFromCache(DefaultVisitorFactoryRule.ja va:83)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.java.rules.DefaultVisit orFactoryRule.getTypeVisitor(DefaultVisitorFactoryRule.java: 109)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.java.JavaBeanModelBuild er.visitType(JavaBeanModelBuilder.java:534)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.java.JavaBeanModelBuild er.build(JavaBeanModelBuilder.java:443)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.core.JavaSourceTranslat or.reverseParse(JavaSourceTranslator.java:857)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.core.JavaSourceTranslat or.decodeDocument(JavaSourceTranslator.java:939)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.core.JavaSourceTranslat or.loadModel(JavaSourceTranslator.java:597)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.editorpart.JavaVisualEd itorPart$Setup.run(JavaVisualEditorPart.java:1978)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ve.java.core 2 0 2007-03-19 17:15:29.657
!MESSAGE Exception thrown.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.model.BeanDeclModel.get AllMethods(BeanDeclModel.java:617)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.util.CodeGenUtil.markSa meLineExpressions(CodeGenUtil.java:1200)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.core.JavaSourceTranslat or.reverseParse(JavaSourceTranslator.java:858)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.core.JavaSourceTranslat or.decodeDocument(JavaSourceTranslator.java:939)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.core.JavaSourceTranslat or.loadModel(JavaSourceTranslator.java:597)
at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.editorpart.JavaVisualEd itorPart$Setup.run(JavaVisualEditorPart.java:1978)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)
Re: the dreaded NullPointerException [message #136645 is a reply to message #136621] Tue, 20 March 2007 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

Have you tried clearing the VE cache?

Do you need to know the procedure for clearing the cache?

Jeffrey the Great wrote:

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: the dreaded NullPointerException [message #136679 is a reply to message #136645] Wed, 21 March 2007 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend

No, I have not cleared the VE cache.

How do I do this?

Thanks,
jtg
Re: the dreaded NullPointerException [message #136690 is a reply to message #136679] Wed, 21 March 2007 13:47 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

1) Open a VE and then close it and all other VE's, but leave Eclipse up
and running.
2) Do Project->Clear...->Clear all projects and wait for build to finish.
3) The cache should now be cleared.

Jeffrey the Great wrote:
> No, I have not cleared the VE cache.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> jtg

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: the dreaded NullPointerException [message #615141 is a reply to message #136621] Tue, 20 March 2007 18:16 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Have you tried clearing the VE cache?

Do you need to know the procedure for clearing the cache?

Jeffrey the Great wrote:

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: the dreaded NullPointerException [message #615144 is a reply to message #136645] Wed, 21 March 2007 13:35 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

No, I have not cleared the VE cache.

How do I do this?

Thanks,
jtg
Re: the dreaded NullPointerException [message #615145 is a reply to message #136679] Wed, 21 March 2007 13:47 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

1) Open a VE and then close it and all other VE's, but leave Eclipse up
and running.
2) Do Project->Clear...->Clear all projects and wait for build to finish.
3) The cache should now be cleared.

Jeffrey the Great wrote:
> No, I have not cleared the VE cache.
>
> How do I do this?
>
> Thanks,
> jtg

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Previous Topic:the dreaded NullPointerException