Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Best eclipse version for Android development under Windows 7 64 bits(What do you think is the best release for developing android apps?)
Best eclipse version for Android development under Windows 7 64 bits [message #963118] Mon, 29 October 2012 15:38 Go to next message
Mariano Mandroidos is currently offline Mariano MandroidosFriend
Dear All,

I am not new to eclipse. I have been using it for many years. At that time it was simple, only one eclipse version for java. But now I need to upgrade it and I see lots of different win versions in the download page, including also 32 and 64 bits!
I was using Helios with no problem for android. Now I have downloaded Juno for mobile 64 bits and I am experiencing new problems. Is slower and from time to time I have error screens when opening files, compiling, etc. And I see that includes new stuff I do not need (C++, etc)
I wonder whether I am using the right version or not, which one would you use?

Re: Best eclipse version for Android development under Windows 7 64 bits [message #963413 is a reply to message #963118] Mon, 29 October 2012 20:08 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If in doubt, follow their recommendation to use Eclipse Classic, or the Java or RCP flavors. Match the 32/64-bitness of your JRE.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform

[Updated on: Mon, 29 October 2012 20:09]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:My Perspective changes - is this normal?
Next Topic:cs-make: ***[ xxx ] Error 255
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:52:51 GMT 2024