Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » virgo distribution without user region and with repository
virgo distribution without user region and with repository [message #962937] Mon, 29 October 2012 12:50 Go to next message
Yousef Fadila is currently offline Yousef FadilaFriend
Hi
I need a virgo delivery that support repository but also don't have a kernel/user isolation

I haven't see any one fit my needs in
http://www.eclipse.org/virgo/deliverables/

can I have guided how to build such one?

my plan is to take the nano web version and adding repositories capabilities to it.

any advice?

Yousef.
Re: virgo distribution without user region and with repository [message #963713 is a reply to message #962937] Tue, 30 October 2012 01:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi,

Can you further explain your use case? You might be able to get what you want with the p2 support in Virgo Nano Web.
For instance with a small implementation on your part you can get a hosted repository-like service running on Nano. You could also easily create external and watched repository-like capability with really minimal effort.
Understanding better the use case will help us guide you to a more suitable solution.

Best Regards,
Bobby
Re: virgo distribution without user region and with repository [message #964254 is a reply to message #963713] Tue, 30 October 2012 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yousef Fadila is currently offline Yousef FadilaFriend
Hi Borislav

The case I have is enabling mobicents on tomcat( adding new listener to tomcat-server.xml).
In the virgo tomcat server putting the mobicents bundles in the repository allows this .
but in virgo nano web which I want to use I get classNotFound exception.

so I am thinking to add a repository capabilities to it. I haven't check the p2 yet. does it solves bundle dependencies too? do you have any reference how can I install it locally

Thanks
Yousef
Re: virgo distribution without user region and with repository [message #964284 is a reply to message #964254] Tue, 30 October 2012 11:56 Go to previous message
Borislav Kapukaranov is currently offline Borislav KapukaranovFriend
Hi Yousef,

p2 is basically a dependency resolution manager + installer. In terms of capabilities it is very similar to the Virgo deployment pipeline and Eclipse has been using it for installations and dependency management for 5 years already.
Let me see if I got the use case right. All you need is some way to provision a bundle on top of the server.
When does this happen - is there some kind of trigger for installing the listener? Or it is a static declaration and you just want it installed.
Since you're describing it in the tomcat-server.xml descriptor I assume it's the latter - you just want it statically installed with the server.

One way to achieve this is to drop the listener in pickup.
Another is to export it from Eclipse as a p2 repository and then use the p2 commands to install your listener from the p2 repository onto the server with any dependencies it may have.

Best Regards
Bobby
Previous Topic:Problems after upgrading to Spring 3.1.2
Next Topic:dynamic jasper osgi bundle
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:26:20 GMT 2024