Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Opengl (glut) window only shows in debugger
Opengl (glut) window only shows in debugger [message #960276] Sat, 27 October 2012 10:28 Go to next message
Thomas Mahringer is currently offline Thomas MahringerFriend
Hi
I'm trying to use eclipse cdt to develop a simple opengl application, mainly for educational purpose. I have managed to set up evertything using mingw under windows 7.

However, i still have one big problem: I can't run my program from eclipse by clicking the run button.
Everytime i do so, the application terminates immediately, the console only shows "<terminated> app.exe ..." and the opengl windows (created with glut) never opens.

The strange thing is, that the application runs fine if i open it directly in windows explorer and even if i run it in the eclipse debugger. Only starting it directly via the run button doesn't work (which is anoying as i don't want to fire up the debugger everytime i want to test a small change).

Has anyone of you an idea what i might do wrong ?
Re: Opengl (glut) window only shows in debugger [message #961626 is a reply to message #960276] Sun, 28 October 2012 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaus km is currently offline Klaus kmFriend
Hi Thomas,

is this a C++ MinGW program?

Then you probably have the "Missing DLL Problem":

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/391795/

regards,
klaus

Re: Opengl (glut) window only shows in debugger [message #962769 is a reply to message #960276] Mon, 29 October 2012 10:10 Go to previous message
Thomas Mahringer is currently offline Thomas MahringerFriend
It's working now, don't ask me why, I didn't change anything in the configuration... I just kept developing using the debugger to run it and didn't bother to try the run button until just now...

My app is a MinGW prog, but I don't think the problem was related to the missing dll, my PATH was set up correctly.

Previous Topic:Librarys in .pro file (QT)
Next Topic:CODAN detect in source code
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:18:39 GMT 2024