Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Adding a help system
Adding a help system [message #955456] Tue, 23 October 2012 20:22 Go to next message
Daniele Canavese is currently offline Daniele CanaveseFriend
Hi All!

I'm trying to add a help system to my RCP application (coded with Juno) but with no success so far.

Using the new plug-in wizard I have created a plugin using the template "Plug-in with sample help content".
Then I have added to my product file the newly created plugin, org.eclipse.ui.help.* and all the optional dependencies by using the "Add Required Plug-ins" button in the product file editor.

When I launch the RCP application the help menu does not produce any window and the log do not show any error/warning, but if I launch all the plugins as a traditional Eclipse application the help shows up.

What am I missing?

Regards, Daniele
Re: Adding a help system [message #974161 is a reply to message #955456] Tue, 06 November 2012 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alain Marchand is currently offline Alain MarchandFriend
Hi,

I am also facing the same kind of problem in Juno. Any pointer to a tutorial, help,blog would be appreciated. There is not a lot of information on how to use the help mechanism in a Juno RCP.

Best regards,

Alain
Re: Adding a help system [message #981224 is a reply to message #955456] Mon, 12 November 2012 08:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scott lee is currently offline scott leeFriend
Hi,

I met exactly same problem. Click [help contents] menu but the help window doesn't shown.
Re: Adding a help system [message #987881 is a reply to message #981224] Wed, 28 November 2012 13:56 Go to previous message
sam mn is currently offline sam mnFriend
tried the followin link ?
http://www.vogella.com/articles/EclipseRCPHelpSystem/article.html
Previous Topic:Sample RCP project with well documented needed
Next Topic:Need Command Reference on Startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 05:24:50 GMT 2024