Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Juno class diagram - no assist to add attributes(Adding attributes to a class diagram)
Juno class diagram - no assist to add attributes [message #950371] Fri, 19 October 2012 21:21 Go to next message
Bruce Lombardi is currently offline Bruce LombardiFriend
I'm using the 64 bit Juno release of Eclipse. I created a class diagram and added a class to it in the Papyrus perspective. According to the documentation I should be able to click in the attributes compartment and get assistantce in adding an attribute and selecting its type, but all I get is a free form text field. Right-clicking bring us a set of options (Navigaton, File...), but none of them include adding an attribute. Am I doing something wrong. I've just checked for updates and there are none. I expected assistance in adding an attribute and selecting its type.
If this is not right, how do I add an attribute to a class?
Re: Juno class diagram - no assist to add attributes [message #953422 is a reply to message #950371] Mon, 22 October 2012 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello,

To add an attribute to a Class, you have to select "Property" in the palette and drop it to the Attribute compartment of your Class.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Juno class diagram - no assist to add attributes [message #953524 is a reply to message #950371] Mon, 22 October 2012 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
moritz du is currently offline moritz duFriend
THX! for this question

i just began with papyrus and stumbled across the same problem. Please make the ui context sensitive (again).

The hello world example for instance shows an button to directly add an operation to "operation compartment".

Re: Juno class diagram - no assist to add attributes [message #956683 is a reply to message #953524] Wed, 24 October 2012 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce Lombardi is currently offline Bruce LombardiFriend
Thank you for the answer. What you suggested works, but it is not easy to do. One has to scroll way down in the palette to even see Property. This does not make for a very fluent interface. Also, it does not match the documentation? Why the change?
Re: Juno class diagram - no assist to add attributes [message #957818 is a reply to message #950371] Thu, 25 October 2012 14:14 Go to previous message
Hélio Cardoso is currently offline Hélio CardosoFriend
Same stumble here, when can we expect a fix to this issue?!
Previous Topic:How can I get the id of a element in the source code
Next Topic:how to create a class with qualified association?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:30:06 GMT 2024