Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Platform - User Assistance (UA) » Infocenter TOC for tomcat(helpData.xml ignored for Infocenter deployed as Tomcat WAR)
Infocenter TOC for tomcat [message #950226] Fri, 19 October 2012 18:40 Go to next message
Tyrin Avery is currently offline Tyrin AveryFriend
My customization is working - I have custom branding in the help center - it's just the helpData.xml that isn't found. I've tried every variation of path name I can find. Confused

1) Is there a way to enable more logging for an infocenter - for example, a way to get the OSGI framework to display errors in the Tomcat console? I know there's a way to enable the OSGI debugging console - but it doesn't seem to ever print anything out and the single documented command "ss", isn't terribly useful.

2) The only thing I haven't tried is the suggestion to open the org.eclipse.help jar file and replace the preferences.ini. This is mostly because I have an old version of the jar, am not sure where to locate the source code, what would be necessary to update the manifest and resign the jar. Can anyone point me to a resource for this?
Re: Infocenter TOC for tomcat [message #1028399 is a reply to message #950226] Thu, 28 March 2013 07:51 Go to previous message
Joe Lin is currently offline Joe LinFriend
can you try this steps.
fist you need define a product plugin extension the product with perference.ini
then goto configuration folder and edit config.ini.change the product name to your plugin.

[Updated on: Thu, 28 March 2013 08:03]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Simple Cheat Sheet Editor Bug?
Next Topic:Using JSP inside equinox container
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:08:03 GMT 2024