Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Java Field Assist(Is it possible to use this feature in custom plugin?)
Java Field Assist [message #946573] Tue, 16 October 2012 09:57 Go to next message
Gerd Van Woensel is currently offline Gerd Van WoenselFriend
Is it possible to reuse the textfields or ContentProposalAdapters / -Providers that are used in the "new Class wizard"? I'd like to add ContentProposal to a specific textfield in order to "propose" classes,packages,interfaces....

Thanks in advance!
Gerd
Re: Java Field Assist [message #951564 is a reply to message #946573] Sat, 20 October 2012 21:11 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
I think you'll have to choose from:
- try to reuse via sub-classing an existing class like NewTypeWizardPage
- program against internal classes - do at your own risk since these are not guaranteed to be stable across versions
- copy the existing implementation into your code, will probably cause a big ripple effect
- request a new API, make a clear point why this would benefit many clients, but don't expect that the request will be promptly fulfilled.
I may be missing other options.

Whether any of these are acceptable for you depends on several parameters of your project.

Regarding a "Browse..." button next to the text field chances for reuse based on official API are better.

best,
Stephan
Previous Topic:J2EE 4.2.1 from 4.2.0 update fail
Next Topic:import org.eclipse.swt.*; not resolved
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:39:32 GMT 2024