Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » Attributes with relationship
Attributes with relationship [message #945767] Mon, 15 October 2012 16:17 Go to next message
Frederik Gailly is currently offline Frederik GaillyFriend
Hello,

I want to allow to add attributes to relationships like it is allowed in entity relationship modeling. Currently when a relationship is created there is actually also a shape created which is standard invisible. When attributes are added to this relationship the shape becomes visible and the attributes are shown. The problem that I am having right now is that I cannot connect my Attributes shape to my Relationship connector using another connector. Any idea how i can solve this? This seems not to work in my ViewProvider class.
edge.setSource(attributesShapeView);
edge.setTarget(relationshipView);

Thanks in advance
Frederik
Re: Attributes with relationship [message #945998 is a reply to message #945767] Mon, 15 October 2012 21:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frederik Gailly is currently offline Frederik GaillyFriend
Another possibility to implement the creation of attributes for a relationship could be implementing a create connection request with as source the relationship and as target the RelationshipAttributes Editpart wich corresponds to a shape. However the RelationshipAttributes Editpart does not exists when the connection is created and should be automatically created. Can anybody tell me how I can implement this. I can found a lot of stuff about modeling assistant buy I would like to implement that relationship attributes edit part is automatically created with no intervention of the modeler.

Regards,
Frederik

Re: Attributes with relationship [message #946662 is a reply to message #945998] Tue, 16 October 2012 11:30 Go to previous message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

take a look at this article from Michael Golubev: http://wiki.eclipse.org/Graphical_Modeling_Framework/Tips#Implicit_node_in_the_middle_creation to have ER like connections. You should also take a look at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=331868.

Ralph

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2012 11:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Top level node 'Containment Feature' must be available in the diagram 'Domain Element' or its super-
Next Topic:Howto install 3.0.1
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:48:14 GMT 2024