Skip to main content


Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » How can I get multiple LCAs to work?
How can I get multiple LCAs to work? [message #130096] Fri, 24 April 2009 10:11 Go to next message
Ralf Heydenreich is currently offline Ralf HeydenreichFriend
Messages: 235
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi all,
I've started my work with RAP/RWT a short time ago. At first an outline
of my problem. I have a widget which displays a map control with some
layers. Works quite nice. But, if I programmatically add or remove one
layer, some layers are doubled. It seems that my WidgetLCA writes all
layers (not only the changed!) regardless if they were changed. This
doubles some layers.
Now I want a higher granularity and a separate LCA for each component,
i.e. one for the widget itself and one for each layer. But my problem is
that I don't know how I can wire all the things together. I have a
WidgetLCA, a LayerLCA and the appropriate JS classes. I would it make
analogous to the Table and TableItem classes from RWT.
How can I get this to work?

Yours,
Ralf.
Re: How can I get multiple LCAs to work? [message #130160 is a reply to message #130096] Fri, 24 April 2009 16:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rüdiger Herrmann is currently offline Rüdiger HerrmannFriend
Messages: 581
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Hi Ralf,

the custom widget tutorial should get you a started:
http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclips e.rap.help/help/html/advanced/custom-widget.html
The ExpandBar/Item is also a good template in such a case. It is
simpler than the Table/Item. Note that only a Widget can have a
corresponding LCA.

HTH
Rüdiger

R. Heydenreich wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've started my work with RAP/RWT a short time ago. At first an outline
> of my problem. I have a widget which displays a map control with some
> layers. Works quite nice. But, if I programmatically add or remove one
> layer, some layers are doubled. It seems that my WidgetLCA writes all
> layers (not only the changed!) regardless if they were changed. This
> doubles some layers.
> Now I want a higher granularity and a separate LCA for each component,
> i.e. one for the widget itself and one for each layer. But my problem is
> that I don't know how I can wire all the things together. I have a
> WidgetLCA, a LayerLCA and the appropriate JS classes. I would it make
> analogous to the Table and TableItem classes from RWT.
> How can I get this to work?
>
> Yours,
> Ralf.
Re: How can I get multiple LCAs to work? [message #130318 is a reply to message #130160] Mon, 27 April 2009 06:10 Go to previous message
Ralf Heydenreich is currently offline Ralf HeydenreichFriend
Messages: 235
Registered: July 2009
Senior Member
Rüdiger Herrmann schrieb:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> the custom widget tutorial should get you a started:
> http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/index.jsp?topic=/org.eclips e.rap.help/help/html/advanced/custom-widget.html
>
> The ExpandBar/Item is also a good template in such a case. It is simpler
> than the Table/Item. Note that only a Widget can have a corresponding LCA.
>
> HTH
> Rüdiger

Hi Rüdiger,
thanks for your answer. I've read the tutorial, but I didn't get it
work. Perhaps I missed something. I will try it once more. I will try
out the Expandbar, too.

Yours,
Ralf.


>
> R. Heydenreich wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I've started my work with RAP/RWT a short time ago. At first an
>> outline of my problem. I have a widget which displays a map control
>> with some layers. Works quite nice. But, if I programmatically add or
>> remove one layer, some layers are doubled. It seems that my WidgetLCA
>> writes all layers (not only the changed!) regardless if they were
>> changed. This doubles some layers.
>> Now I want a higher granularity and a separate LCA for each component,
>> i.e. one for the widget itself and one for each layer. But my problem
>> is that I don't know how I can wire all the things together. I have a
>> WidgetLCA, a LayerLCA and the appropriate JS classes. I would it make
>> analogous to the Table and TableItem classes from RWT.
>> How can I get this to work?
>>
>> Yours,
>> Ralf.
Previous Topic:Implementing a RAP monitor
Next Topic:Theme xml files
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Fri Dec 03 08:28:29 GMT 2021

Powered by FUDForum. Page generated in 0.01738 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.

Powered by: FUDforum 3.0.2.
Copyright ©2001-2010 FUDforum Bulletin Board Software

Back to the top