Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Upgrade from Helios to Juno lost work history(Configuration recovery)
Upgrade from Helios to Juno lost work history [message #940802] Fri, 12 October 2012 01:04 Go to next message
David VavraFriend
I recently upgraded to Fedora 17 from Fedora 15. This also upgraded me to Eclipse Juno from Helios. Well, unfortunately, my previous state information (open files,etc.) and perspective configurations have been lost. The upgrade was in-place and my old workspace is still available (I made a complete backup before the upgrade).

I gather that the open files and other state information were kept in .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.ui.workbench/workbench.xml but now it seems the workbench data is kept elsewhere. The information in workbench.xml is being ignored.The new one seems to be .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.e4.workbench/workbench.xmi. There are likely other applicable files.

What I would like to do is move my state information and configuration settings to where it is now kept so that my previous work history and configuration changes are regained.

How would I go about doing this?

Re: Upgrade from Helios to Juno lost work history [message #941492 is a reply to message #940802] Fri, 12 October 2012 15:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

That's not supported ATM. You'd have to figure out how to migrate some of the useful information from workbench.xml to workbench.xmi.

PW

Re: Upgrade from Helios to Juno lost work history [message #941763 is a reply to message #941492] Fri, 12 October 2012 21:02 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Paul,

Thanks for the links. I was rather hoping others had a similar problem and could provide some pointers. I would have thought the Eclipse team would have provided some migration automation when they changed things.

Well, the hard way then.

Previous Topic:Error Configuring Tomcat in Eclipse
Next Topic:Conditional Visibility
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:53:50 GMT 2024