Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » HOW TO GET THE WORD-WRAP PLUGIN TO WORK IN TEXCLIPSE(A fix for the problem with the "Ahtik" plugin where it just causes text to wrap momentarily)
HOW TO GET THE WORD-WRAP PLUGIN TO WORK IN TEXCLIPSE [message #940411] Thu, 11 October 2012 16:02
Adam Bohn is currently offline Adam BohnFriend
This is for anyone who is having the following problem with the "Ahtik" word-wrap plugin in Texlipse: the plugin installs fine, but selecting the "word-wrap" option using the context menu (or pressing ctrl+alt+w) causes the text to wrap momentarily, and then just flick back to being unwrapped (this probably includes anyone using Windows 7).

Here is a fix...straight from the developer himself! I emailed Ahti Kitsik in a last-ditch attempt to find a solution, and was amazed when he actually worked one out, and sent it to me the next day. He suggested that in return I could just make this information widely available.

So, the way to fix it as follows:

Look up the texlipse plugin location. This will probably be in the Eclipse folder, and the address will probably end: ...\eclipse\plugins\net.sourceforge.texlipse_1.5.0.

Backup the plugin.xml file there just in case, and then edit the original by deleting the following chunks of code:

-Firstly, the "action" (starting at line 843):

action

class="net.sourceforge.texlipse.actions.TexWordWrapAction"
definitionId="net.sourceforge.texlipse.commands.texWordWrap"
icon="icons/wrap.gif"
id="net.sourceforge.texlipse.actions.texWordWrap"
label="W&rap text"
menubarPath="net.sourceforge.texlipse.menus.latex/latexGroup"
style="toggle"
toolbarPath="latexGroup"
tooltip="Use word wrap"

-Secondly, the "command" (starting at line 972):

command

categoryId="net.sourceforge.texlipse.latexEditingCategory"
name="Wrap text"
id="net.sourceforge.texlipse.commands.texWordWrap"

(When you have done this, the file should be 1257 lines long, instead of 1271. I have also attached a copy of the edited plugin.xml file that you can use).

Finally, Ahti says: "Start eclipse with -clean command line argument to force reloading of plugin.xml." (Personally I had no idea how to do this, so I just removed and reinstalled his plugin, then exited Eclipse, and edited the code before I restarted it).

The function should work fine now. Hope this helps someone. And thanks again Ahti!
  • Attachment: plugin.xml
    (Size: 45.81KB, Downloaded 273 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 11 October 2012 16:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Content assist with linked library
Next Topic:Set VM in my launch file or in Preference/Java/Installed JRE->default VM??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 07:22:54 GMT 2024