Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Inferring include paths and make targets from existing Makefile in Eclipse
Inferring include paths and make targets from existing Makefile in Eclipse [message #939508] Wed, 10 October 2012 20:36 Go to next message
Ribonous ribonucleico@gmail.com is currently offline Ribonous ribonucleico@gmail.comFriend
I am trying to use Eclipse on an existing collection of folders with C++ and recursive Makefile files in Linux. The make files use gcc and ar, and the user specifies the path to the gcc he wants to use in the Makefile. The make files that I will be working with were typed by hand and include multiple targets besides all, clean, etc.

In Eclipse, there is an option to create a new project that looks appropriate for what I need: "Makefile project with from existing code". Is this the right option considering my situation?

Also, Eclipse CDT prompts me to choose a Toolchain for Indexer Settings :

* <none>
* cross GCC
* GNU Autotools Toolchain
* Linux GCC

Here I have two questions:

1. Which toolchain should I choose? and how does Eclipse use this information?
2. I would like Eclipse to infer as much as it can from the top-level Makefile (e.g. include paths, make targets, etc) . How can I do this?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 October 2012 20:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Inferring include paths and make targets from existing Makefile in Eclipse [message #985850 is a reply to message #939508] Fri, 16 November 2012 11:53 Go to previous message
Alan Glynne-Jones is currently offline Alan Glynne-JonesFriend
bump

I'd like to know this too.
Previous Topic:Including source files from a separate C++ project
Next Topic:Paths and Symbol page overide IncludeTab
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:50:15 GMT 2024