Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Plugin Development Environment (PDE) » Export Plugin - Imports can not be resolved(Problem when there are .class files in a jar archive the plugin depends on)
Export Plugin - Imports can not be resolved [message #939244] Wed, 10 October 2012 15:06 Go to next message
Theo Retisch is currently offline Theo RetischFriend
Hello,

I developed a plugin for Eclipse.
When I start it in the development environment with "Run as Eclipse application" everything works fine.

But when I try to export it (either as feature to install it with "Install new Software" or export it as jar to the dropins folder) i can't use the plugin. But there are no problems visualized during the export process.

Whenever I try to export the plugin directly into host repository, I get some errors in the log file saying that several imports could not be resolved.

I somehow found out that this depends on packages in the plugin's build path that reference .class files instead of the source .java files.

This becomes obviously as this problem also occurs when I create an empty plugin depending on existing jar archives which reference .class files. If there are only references to jar archives containing .java files everything works fine.

Does anyone here have experience with this problem and/or is there a way to solve this?

Regards,
Theo
icon3.gif  Re: Export Plugin - Imports can not be resolved [message #945016 is a reply to message #939244] Mon, 15 October 2012 07:45 Go to previous message
Theo Retisch is currently offline Theo RetischFriend
If anyone has the same problem - I have finally resolved it.

When creating a new plugin depending on existing jar archives it's important to uncheck the option "Unzip the JAR archives into the project".

The export works without errors like "import xxx could not be resolved" then.
Previous Topic:how can I expand the editor in eclipse?
Next Topic:Getting the Workbench in e4?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:43:36 GMT 2024