Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF "Technology" (Ecore Tools, EMFatic, etc)  » [Texo] Generating TypeConverter puts quotes around classes
[Texo] Generating TypeConverter puts quotes around classes [message #930683] Tue, 02 October 2012 14:37 Go to next message
Chris Boerger is currently offline Chris BoergerFriend
I'm currently playing around with Texo to determine if I can use it for my project at work.

I've created in the ORM annotations model a TypeConverter annotation to convert from a Duration to a Long. But when Texo generates the JPA annotations it puts quotes around the class names which causes a compile error.

I then have to go remove the quotes to get it to compile, but then I either have to freeze the code (@generated NOT) or remove the quotes every time I make a change to the ecore model which, since I'm playing around right now, is quite often.

Is this a bug or am I not putting the class names in the orm annotation correctly?

Thanks!
Re: [Texo] Generating TypeConverter puts quotes around classes [message #930755 is a reply to message #930683] Tue, 02 October 2012 15:56 Go to previous message
Martin Taal is currently offline Martin TaalFriend
Hi Chris,
Probably this is a bug, class names are handled specifically in Texo because (as you noticed) they are not strings but
should be fully qualified to real classes.

Can you create a bugzilla and attach an example model/annotations model for me?
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EMFT&component=Texo&version=0.5

It seems like something I can solve in a day or so.

gr. Martiin

On 10/02/2012 04:38 PM, Chris Boerger wrote:
> I'm currently playing around with Texo to determine if I can use it for my project at work.
>
> I've created in the ORM annotations model a TypeConverter annotation to convert from a Duration to a Long. But when Texo
> generates the JPA annotations it puts quotes around the class names which causes a compile error.
>
> I then have to go remove the quotes to get it to compile, but then I either have to freeze the code (@generated NOT) or
> remove the quotes every time I make a change to the ecore model which, since I'm playing around right now, is quite often.
>
> Is this a bug or am I not putting the class names in the orm annotation correctly?
>
> Thanks!

--

With Regards, Martin Taal

Springsite/Elver.org
Office: Hardwareweg 4, 3821 BV Amersfoort
Postal: Nassaulaan 7, 3941 EC Doorn
The Netherlands
Cell: +31 (0)6 288 48 943
Tel: +31 (0)84 420 2397
Fax: +31 (0)84 225 9307
Mail: mtaal@xxxxxxxx - mtaal@xxxxxxxx