Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Sort Editor Windows(How to sort editor windows)
Sort Editor Windows [message #926460] Fri, 28 September 2012 17:20 Go to next message
Peter Rimshnick is currently offline Peter RimshnickFriend
I like to have a lot of editor windows open at once. In the last version of Eclipse that I had, the editors that were displayed at the top of the editor area were the ones I used most recently, and further, I was able to alphabetize the drop down list that showed the rest of them. I feel like I'm going crazy, because in Juno I a) have no idea how it picks which editors to have available as tabs (seemingly randomly), and b) for the life of me can't figure out how to alphabetize them. Can anyone address these two questions?

Thanks!
Re: Sort Editor Windows [message #926508 is a reply to message #926460] Fri, 28 September 2012 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
The old behavior is called MRU, look for this term in this document
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.user%2FwhatsNew%2Fplatform_whatsnew.html

Re: Sort Editor Windows [message #926536 is a reply to message #926508] Fri, 28 September 2012 18:55 Go to previous message
Peter Rimshnick is currently offline Peter RimshnickFriend
Thanks! I find this very bizarre though. Switching to classic mode definitely made the appearance worse (on Windows 7 at least), although it did fix my problem. (Although it's strange - I never had the left/right navigation arrows the document referred to) Isn't there some way to keep the nice aesthetics while at the same time having some logical treatment of editor windows?
Previous Topic:Get refactoring type & changes
Next Topic:Question about Java Compiling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 06:18:42 GMT 2024