Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Unable to generate from Arithmetics ex
Unable to generate from Arithmetics ex [message #925571] Thu, 27 September 2012 21:15 Go to next message
Lii Woo is currently offline Lii WooFriend
I seem to be unable to generate Xtext artifact from the Arithmetics example project. The example is installed from the Eclipse new project wizard.

The documentation tells me to right click in the .xtext editor and select "Run As" -> "Generate Xtext Artifacts", but this item is not present in my "Run as" submenu.

In other projects however, such as the State machine example, the menu item is present and generation works fine.

I'm running Xtext 2.3.1.v201208210947 from the update site in Eclipse 4.2.0.v20120528.

What could be the problem?
Re: Unable to generate from Arithmetics ex [message #925582 is a reply to message #925571] Thu, 27 September 2012 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hi

you can alternatively rightclick the mwe2 file and select run as mwe2 workflow

~Christian

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Unable to generate from Arithmetics ex [message #925615 is a reply to message #925582] Thu, 27 September 2012 22:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your help.

That menu item is there, and the command ran, but it left me with a lot of "XXX cannot be resolved to a type" compile errors.

It seems like it did not generate the org.eclipse.xtext.example.arithmetics.arithmetics package, where the accual syntax model classes is supposed to go.

Any ideas?
Re: Unable to generate from Arithmetics ex [message #925859 is a reply to message #925615] Fri, 28 September 2012 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Hmm - does it work with the greeting example (new Xtext project
wizard)

--
Need training, onsite consulting or any other kind of help for Xtext?
Go visit http://xtext.itemis.com or send a mail to xtext at itemis dot de

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Unable to generate from Arithmetics ex [message #926052 is a reply to message #925859] Fri, 28 September 2012 09:02 Go to previous message
> Hmm - does it work with the greeting example

Yes, it does.

And I have tried substituting the contents of the Arithmetics.xtext file with the contets from a working project. Still no "Generate Xtext Artifacts" menu item.

What triggers this menu item to appear? Should it be there for all .xtext files? Or does it check that the content of the file is valid Xtext code? Or does it look on other project files?
Previous Topic:Serialize models containing cross-references
Next Topic:Reference ecore model elements from Xtext based DSLs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:26:15 GMT 2024