Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Support for TimesTen automatic client failover with JDBC?(How can we get support added for TimesTen automatic client failover)
Support for TimesTen automatic client failover with JDBC? [message #925386] Thu, 27 September 2012 17:13
Chris Jenkins is currently offline Chris JenkinsFriend
Full disclosure: I work for Oracle (in case anyone cares about such stuff).

I am working with a customer who will use EclipseLink with WebLogic server and TimesTen in-memory database (via TimesTen JDBC driver). They will use TimesTen in an active/standby replicated configuration and in that setup TimesTen supports automatic client failover for JDBC connections. The customer would like to leverage this capability with EclipseLink but for that to work well EclipseLink needs to be aware of, and have code to support, this failover mechanism.

I'm looking to understand (a) if anyone has done this already and if not (b) how might we ask for this support to be incorporated into EclipseLink (is there some process for making enhancement requests)? I would be happy to provide technical help to support such an endeavour (I work in the TimesTen development team).

Thanks for any info/pointers etc.

Chris
Previous Topic:Shared code for multiple copies of Eclipse
Next Topic:Providing a FileStore
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:57:31 GMT 2024