Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Visual Editor (VE) » VE Installation Problem
VE Installation Problem [message #124553] Wed, 10 May 2006 11:48 Go to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: robert.moestl.joanneum.at

Hello!

I installed VE today. The good thing is, that I am able to run the wizard to create a visual class, but then I got a failure message like "creation of element failed ... (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)"

What's the problem. I'm very frustrated...

Thanks in advance
Robert
Re: VE Installation Problem [message #124567 is a reply to message #124553] Wed, 10 May 2006 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

This means your code was compiled using Java 1.5 byte code but it is
trying to be executed on a Java 1.4 VM.

Robert Möstl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I installed VE today. The good thing is, that I am able to run the wizard to create a visual class, but then I got a failure message like "creation of element failed ... (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)"
>
> What's the problem. I'm very frustrated...
>
> Thanks in advance
> Robert

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: VE Installation Problem [message #124648 is a reply to message #124567] Fri, 12 May 2006 08:10 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thanks for the tip.

My problem was that an Oracle client runs on my computer, which uses a version of JRE 1.4. So this version was used by the whole system allthough I have installed JRE 1.5.

For those who face a simlilar problem. I copied the path to the bin directory of my JRE 1.5 installation at the beginning of the path variable. Furthermore I created the environment variable called JAVA_HOME and set the value to the path of the base directory of my JRE 1.5 installation (not the the child bin directory!).

Kind regards
Robert
Re: VE Installation Problem [message #612862 is a reply to message #124553] Wed, 10 May 2006 14:15 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Originally posted by: richkulp.us.NO_SPAM.ibm.com

This means your code was compiled using Java 1.5 byte code but it is
trying to be executed on a Java 1.4 VM.

Robert Möstl wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I installed VE today. The good thing is, that I am able to run the wizard to create a visual class, but then I got a failure message like "creation of element failed ... (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)"
>
> What's the problem. I'm very frustrated...
>
> Thanks in advance
> Robert

--
Thanks,
Rich Kulp
Re: VE Installation Problem [message #612875 is a reply to message #124567] Fri, 12 May 2006 08:10 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend

Thanks for the tip.

My problem was that an Oracle client runs on my computer, which uses a version of JRE 1.4. So this version was used by the whole system allthough I have installed JRE 1.5.

For those who face a simlilar problem. I copied the path to the bin directory of my JRE 1.5 installation at the beginning of the path variable. Furthermore I created the environment variable called JAVA_HOME and set the value to the path of the base directory of my JRE 1.5 installation (not the the child bin directory!).

Kind regards
Robert
Previous Topic:How to debug a Visual Editor Parse Error
Next Topic:VE properties window stopped working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:56:03 GMT 2024