Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse and FFTW
Eclipse and FFTW [message #917991] Thu, 20 September 2012 16:23
Alessandro Romeo is currently offline Alessandro RomeoFriend
Hi everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I would appreciate if someone's able to give me an help with a project of mine.
As a first thing I have to say that I'm relatively new to Eclipse and programming world, so I'm a kind of newbie Very Happy

I don't know if here inside there's someone familiar with FFTW and FFTW++, useful and excellent libraries able to perform DFTs.
I'm trying to merge this library with another one that actually is working (was working Sad ). I think I have a problem with the compiler. As I was writing my code, using another IDE and typing the commands from bash I realized that some mp options were needed, so I've updated my version of gcc from 4.2.1 (that is the basic Xcode version for MacOS) to 4.7. I've compiled my simple program and it worked, compiling it with g++. I have used macports to install the new version of gcc and I have used one of its options (sudo port select --set gcc mp-gcc47) to set it as gcc default command, in place of the 4.2 version, so I can type and compile from bash.

Now I'm trying to include this library in a project on Eclipse that compiles with gcc, and I see that it uses the version 4.2.1. Does somebody know how to change it into the 4.7 version? Do you think that this could solve the problem?

If I try to modify the compiler form the project->properties->etc. from gcc to g++ FFTW (apparently) works but the other project doesn't anymore (of course). Any suggestion? Is there any possibility to compile FFTW with gcc?

Is anyone here that made an eclipse project with FFTW inside?

Thank you very much to all of you Smile

[Updated on: Thu, 20 September 2012 23:10]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Parsing snippet of C (macro definitions)
Next Topic:After "Build Complete", process takes 3 seconds to finish
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:16:59 GMT 2024