Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » Global SVN Authenication Not Working(SCM, SubVersion, SVN)
Global SVN Authenication Not Working [message #916959] Wed, 19 September 2012 17:27 Go to next message
Jason Vorpahl is currently offline Jason VorpahlFriend
Hello everyone. This past weekend we upgrade both our Hudson CI server and SubVersion server to the most recent versions. We upgrade Hudson from 1.3.7.9 to 2.2.1 and we use VisualSVN Server and upgraded that from 2.0.7 to 2.5.6. Both Hudson and VisualSVN are on the same machine.

The issue we are running into is that our global SVN authentication isn't working. You have to enter in the credentials for each project separately even if there accessing the same repository. We have a local user account that we created on our Hudson/SVN server that has access to all the repositories and that is what we are using for the authentication.

I've been trying now for 4 days to fix this w/no luck. We even upgraded to the most recent SVN Plugin to 2.3.4.

Below is our hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.xml file. I put replaced our hashed password with XXXX and our actual server name w/servername for the post just to be safe.

Has anyone ran into this and if possible can suggest some trouble shooting ideas? Why does it work w/the same username and password for individual projects but not at the global level like before? I can also post more info such as the suversion.credentials file for the projects if that would help.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-DescriptorImpl>
  <generation>4</generation>
  <credentials class="hashtable">
    <entry>
      <string>&lt;https:
//servername/svn/SoftwareDevelopment:443&gt;</string>
      <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-DescriptorImpl_-PasswordCredential>
        <userName>servername\svn_integration_user</userName>
        <password>XXXX</password>
      </hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-DescriptorImpl_-PasswordCredential>
    </entry>
  </credentials>
  <workspaceFormat>29</workspaceFormat>
  <revisionPolicy>QUEUE_TIME</revisionPolicy>
  <validateRemoteUpToVar>false</validateRemoteUpToVar>
</hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-DescriptorImpl>

[Updated on: Wed, 19 September 2012 17:29]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Global SVN Authenication Not Working [message #916971 is a reply to message #916959] Wed, 19 September 2012 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

Hi Jason. Can you please post the subversion.credential file. If you would like to sendvia email my email is schristou88[at]gmail.com

Thanks,
Steve.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: Global SVN Authenication Not Working [message #917912 is a reply to message #916971] Thu, 20 September 2012 15:00 Go to previous message
Jason Vorpahl is currently offline Jason VorpahlFriend
Thanks so much for helping with this. I'll post this here and also send you an email. Below is the subversion.credentials from a project:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<hudson.scm.PerJobCredentialStore>
  <credentials class="hashtable">
    <entry>
      <string>https://
server/svn/SoftwareDevelopment/Java/LAMM/trunk/Source</string>
      <hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-DescriptorImpl_-PasswordCredential>
        <userName>svn_integration_user</userName>
        <password>XXXX</password>
      </hudson.scm.SubversionSCM_-DescriptorImpl_-PasswordCredential>
    </entry>
  </credentials>
</hudson.scm.PerJobCredentialStore>

As I said in my original post, this works if we enter the credentials per project but not on the clobal level. And again I replaced my real server name with server and the password with XXXX. But the server names are idenical in both this (subversion.credentials) and the hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.xml file.
Previous Topic:Error after mvn hpi:create
Next Topic:Change build history bar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:17:10 GMT 2024